1968 Plymouth Fury Positive Battery Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

68plymouth383

Reaction score
Hey guys, my 68 Fury with a big block needs a new positive battery cable. I'd like to step up the gauge by 1 size across the board. What are my options for the correct terminals. I can build my own.

Had a local shop custom make me a battery cable. I went with 2 gauge on the battery to the starter, 6 gauge from start relay to battery, and 10 gauge on small starter lug to relay. I also wrapped it in poly guard to protect it from abrasions.

20170722_124133.jpg

Hey 68plymouth383,
I know this is old but I'm replacing the positive cable in my '68 Fury ll. Your install looks very tidy and well thought out. Any chance you have the overall length from battery to starter on this? Io can't seem to find it anywhere and even the parts catalog only lists a part number (2926 086)

I'm trying to verify as my positive cable is a goofy modified junk show- not routed in the right place and not original.

I'd appreciate if you have any info but I understand it's been a while since you had your custom cable built and who knows, you may not even have this car still!
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back