NOT MINE 1968 Plymouth fury VIP $7,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

67newport

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
not mine

47082_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=-ePTtvT2CcgAX838Qi8&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.jpg

92801_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=8i6NUOnIKu8AX9DfsUF&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.jpg

02934_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=V7t8tZhFt1wAX8Q6r2B&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.jpg

01126_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=3DZuOXNQO8kAX-R6exu&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.jpg

02599_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=G-TNw89EbtcAX87JXjY&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.jpg

69409_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=nPvfltw0gM0AX_Bxs1S&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.jpg

_NdoMp2f-sf9corRV0EYmLynECB6DBcmeCRMKlvarxNh_kbCNhW2kgFXvg09-Jft4W9yvDZM&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.jpg

36617_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=lWm9RIvd7L4AX9GI98M&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.jpg

62646_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=iEqtLnPogZYAX9RQG-n&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.jpg

23181_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=ue0cXPL9weoAX8R7Iyr&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.jpg

69333_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=qZQq1IJxI3UAX9DrlB3&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.jpg

Asking $7,500 OBO LUXERY CAR 4 dr hard top special VIP edition with a 383 commando engine, air conditioning, good tires in good condition, needs rear brake shoes, tune-up, exhaust is leaking, had been sitting for over 5 yrs.

Nicely optioned. Will need some work to get road worthy. Budd disc brakes with what appears to be full power, A/C, Cruise, good interior and a solid body. 383 high performance. Critters have been in the hood insulation and the PCV hose is missing form the air cleaner. Pricing is aggressive for a 4 door but this would make someone a nice DD.

Dave

It looks like it might be actual miles. I thought the VIPs were really neat back in the day. Time capsule.....................

nice 68 VIP. 4 doors, no problem.

I am not a buyer, but asking price doesnt spook me a bit. Kinda car though I'd need somebody's "eyes/ears/nose" on before deciding.

hope it finds a good home.

Dad really liked the VIPs as I’m sure I’ve mentioned before. We had loaded 68 and 69 VIPs. These years had a much nicer interior and ext. trim than the Sport Fury imo. Dad liked them cause a loaded VIP was cheaper than a similarly equipped base Newport.

Nice looking car, even with the few items mentioned. Cruise control is the '74 and up version. To me, too nice for daily use, in order to preserve what's been preserved. Wonder what the date codes are on those Kelly-Springfield tires? Not a buyer, but it needs to find a good, protective home.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Nice VIP. Looks to be all there & it’s nicely optioned. I’m thinking the miles are actual because the drivers seat looks to be in great condition. The fender skirt rubber has paint so I’m guessing there was repaint in the past. VIPs were a lower production number & the four door hard top body style looks great. I really like it.

I might have some interest in this car but can't find it on facebook (their search feature is terrible). Can someone post a link? Thanks!

I WANT!!
From 20 years ago when I sent my sweetheart to the wreckers due to cancer..Sure niss her!

thumbnail_Old pics 031.jpg

I have been texting with Benny and received some additional pics. He is helping the family of the prior owner sell the car. While the car looks gold in the FB pics it is actually light green.

Here in the pacific northwest that car would already be gone. Someone needs to snatch it and bring it west and make some coin.

With the borders closed and my province in lockdown it is impossible for me to get that car into Canada.
With the situation we are in I had to cancel my c body calender order. :(

Some additional pics and info from Benny, the seller:

- the front brakes work and yes it’s running on the gas in the gas tank it’s been sitting for five years need some carburetor adjustment

- I drove the car two blocks to my house and put it in the garage

- It does need brake shoes on the back, front ones are good. 113,415 (miles) I assume

- does not know if the timing chain has been changed

- The gentleman that owned it has passed away the family wanted me to sell it for them

- I see no problems with trim it looks good to me, tail lights look good

From looking at the pics, it looks like the very hard to find upper trunk molding is missing. Since I don't see any holes for mounting this trim piece and because of the peeling paint on one rocker panel, I think that the car has been repainted at some point. Being a Western Maryland car there is a good probability that rust repairs were made. Benny is going to check with the family to see if they know anything about the car being repainted. I also asked whether the A/C worked and am waiting for an answer on that.

It looks like there is wear or staining on the driver's seat, both on the bottom cushion and on the outer edge of the driver's seat back. I also question whether this was a vinyl top car. I did not ask for a fender tag photos yet or for the VIN. The car is 7 hours from me. I have interest in the car but if someone else wants this car feel to buy it. While I don't mind green cars I am not a fan of the light green and I always thought that the VIP's looked better in darker colors to contrast the body-side trim and make the trim stand out more than it does on a light colored VIP.

nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_ohc=_2gasdn0fnoAX9UaVPv&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg

SQRiHwviNzmfPdpxTZEyV9Y12unA0Rd_M8FsPwEZWvlAk60UHPgldd45VV4&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg

nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_ohc=-vLwnOMrXwkAX9xuhQX&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg

nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_ohc=-vLwnOMrXwkAX9xuhQX&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg

nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_ohc=AfroESll9PkAX-Ba_zg&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg

nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_ohc=wozCF5EGe1UAX9t064y&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg

nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_ohc=nzfjcZEpNdAAX9qfpdf&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg

nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_ohc=uJQGKlm67vwAX9owxd0&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.jpg

With the borders closed and my province in lockdown it is impossible for me to get that car into Canada.
With the situation we are in I had to cancel my c body calender order. :(

Leaburn,

If you really want this car, I could store it outside with a car cover on it until you could come and get it. The downside is that it would be farther away from you but the upside is that it rarely snows here and when it does, it is usually just a dusting. Another upside is that I have a garage with lifts (and lots of tools) so that if you wanted to spend a day or two doing some work on the car so that you could drive it home that would be possible. I apologize if I mis-spelled your name.

Leaburn,

If you really want this car, I could store it outside with a car cover on it until you could come and get it. The downside is that it would be farther away from you but the upside is that it rarely snows here and when it does, it is usually just a dusting. Another upside is that I have a garage with lifts (and lots of tools) so that if you wanted to spend a day or two doing some work on the car so that you could drive it home that would be possible. I apologize if I mis-spelled your name.
Thanks! Although sold I really appreciated the offer!!
Lets hope 2021 is a better year and the borders open up so we xsn travel south!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back