WANTED 1968 Reverse Lamp Operating Lever Steering Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

dart1962_440

Reaction score
Contact seller
Mine's missing. Looks like attached picture.

Please PM me if you have one available.

Thanks

Pat

RevLightOpLvr 10-8-17.JPG

Where exactly in the column is this located. I'm parting 2 68's Furys. I should have one

Where exactly in the column is this located. I'm parting 2 68's Furys. I should have one

Look where the column meets the firewall under the dash. It's mounted to the column by the reverse light switch. When the shifter is moved, the column rotates and this lever slides the switch to activate the lights. See attached picture.

There were one time use so very careful removal may allow a used one to be reused. Let me know please. Thanks

RevLightSwPic 10-8-17.JPG

Ok I'm very busy so it may be a few days before I can pull the column out of one. PM me in a few days please. I'll sure try to get you one

View attachment 147188 View attachment 147189 I took the column out. This is what I'm seeing.

Hi, just replied to your PM. The lever is gone/broken off. That's what's left of it still in the column. Picture in post #3 is what it should look like if it's there. Picture in post #1 - the part that sticks out to the right of the curved part - that's what's still left in the column pictures you posted.

Thanks

Pat

Suggestions on fabricating a new finger on the column?
Some guys have suggested a bolt/screw right into the column (I believe 12-24 thread). Mine's totally gone so I'm going to try to find one, even if it's broken, so I can use for dimensions / as a pattern.

Please let me know if you find something that works.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back