1969 300 convertible ' fully restored' - LA area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homerr

Reaction score
Contact seller
$19,999

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/4341667090.html

A Fully restored 1969 Chrysler 300 convertible.

This was the first year for Chrysler's all-new "fuselage" look, inspired by military aviation -- and the 300 convertible displayed it to full effect. Sleek, wide and low, with minimal ornamentation and ready to get down to business. The one-piece wrap-around grille seemed pressed into the front end sheet metal.

This awesome 300 convertible comes well equipped with air conditioning, power top, power steering, power brakes and of course the awesome 440/350HP engine. This is a beautiful example of what I believe to be the most sought after full size American convertible of the 60s.

No less than a big-block 440 four-barrel powered the 300. It made 350 hp and 480 lbs.-ft of torque.

1969 CHRYSLER 300 CONVERTIBLE ONE OF ONLY 1,933 PRODUCED

This is one of the most rare and desired full sized convertibles of its era. For the investor, collector, or enthusiast who appreciates and understands the investment potential of this great American icon.

WOW ....... What a great hype........! Makes me want to get one......!!!!!

WAIT ........... I have one already ........!

Pretty car.

This is a beautiful example of what I believe to be the most sought after full size American convertible of the 60s.

Begs the question where it really fits..no question a beautiful car but sticking with Chrysler alone the 60-65 300s letter cars would be in the mix. The 60 Dodge Polara converts are commanding crazy coin. The 1960 Chrysler 300F GT Convertible a 1 of 1 deserves that honor. Sold for $437,000 in 2010.

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=567732

Oh, fully restored. Am I too assume the engine, transmission, brake system and suspension have been completely rebuilt?

It says fully restored, but is it fully restored correctly? I look at the seats and they are missing the emblems that should be there (and the covers are not perforated vinyl like the originals) and I look at the rear armrests, and they have been messed up too on the top. The seemingly nice paint job doesn't have the normally present 3 stripes that go just above the lower body character line. And it seems to have few options - when I see "power brakes", it makes me think they are the drum brakes, has wind up windows and probably not much else. For all the hype about the engine, I would have liked to see some underhood photos as well. In my valuation, it is considerably overpriced.

h925F6D10

I'll be part of the tuff crowd. If it was fully restored he would has also given you a link to the 500 photos on Flickr of his full restoration. His definition of full restoration: New body paint (bondo on the quarter panels) and interior. Don't get me wrong I like the car but the exterior color does nothing for me.

Now somebody's red '69 :thinker: now that's the car I want.

Last edited:
I knew this one would be throwing raw meat to the lions!

I love it, it's silver...
overpriced? Considerably.

I knew this one would be throwing raw meat to the lions!

LMAO. Over on my Ford Truck forum someone just posted an ad for a rare 1966 F100 Ranger today. Didn't take long for the cutting to begin over what was wrong and was it trying to be passed off as a Ranger. While I am far from knowing much about Mopars I do know my 65-66 F100s.

I'm starting to like these more and more... especially after seeing Will's beauty in person.

Will, this one is nice but yours is truly exceptional!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back