SOLD 1969 300 convertible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stand on the price. It is more than reasonable IMO. If I was selling this car and had some tool bag come by and low ball me I think I might politely ask the person to leave with no further conversation.
The car is likely a top 5 in the country for the year and model etc.

Stand on the price. It is more than reasonable IMO. If I was selling this car and had some tool bag come by and low ball me I think I might politely ask the person to leave with no further conversation.

Just because someone made a low ball offer doesn't make them a tool or a fool . The guy that doesn't low ball is the fool, thats how the game is played .

I already turned down a "to low" offer just today.
How many Formals would you like in trade? :poke:

If ever a Fusie was to tear me away from Formals... Jezebel would be the one. :thumbsup:
I had a few of those ....
Maybe it's too early in the season or you and Will haven't managed to reach the right folks with your marketing... I'm a little surprised neither of you is minus a car yet. I am certain you both have folks out there who would jump at the opportunity.

How many Formals would you like in trade? :poke:

If ever a Fusie was to tear me away from Formals... Jezebel would be the one. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's too early in the season or you and Will haven't managed to reach the right folks with your marketing... I'm a little surprised neither of you is minus a car yet. I am certain you both have folks out there who would jump at the opportunity.
Mine has been gone a month, and so has dads.

Just because someone made a low ball offer doesn't make them a tool or a fool . The guy that doesn't low ball is the fool, thats how the game is played .
Low balling is fine, an insulting offer will get you booted immediately.

What others do is none of my business and none of my concern. I'm just saying how i handle sales AND purchases. Still i have to ask, if someone has a car worth 50 K left to them when their spouse dies and puts it up for sale for half that amount because they knew no better do you go to buy it and offer them a low ball amount ? Personally i wouldn't AND I would try an educate them about the value sos they dontd get robbed. I suspect you would try to hose the seller and get it for 1/4 the value. I call that greedy and that person would get a one way ticket to the street courtesy of my shoe tip if they approached a sale i was offering in the same way. Life is way too short to make money such a high priority. When one will put the idea of saving a few sheckles, or more, above it is a bad life IMOHO .
Maybe it's a regional or cultural thing but I've never seen the point of haggling to much of a degree. People on TV make it a hobby i guess and an offer of half the asking price seems like sop. I consider this an insulting waste of time and a signal that negotiations have concluded. When selling I may add 10% more than my wanted price simply to satisfy those that just cant sleep if they pay full price. When buying i set a price illI pay and stick to it within reason. That is about the extent of the "game" I'm willing to participate in.

hey there, looks like are fairly close by. got any more photos of your mopars?

Will, I really don't think you should budge more than $500 of the asking price.

Thanks for your responses and input guys.
Although Jezebelle photographs very well she still has a few issues after 6 years and 20K miles on the highways and several long distance road trips. I would estimate it needs about 1K body work tuneup. Some other very minor issues.
I took that into consideration when I priced her, then added a neg factor.
Fact is I'd take 20K for her. With the experiences, fun and memories she has provided me I could give her away and come out ahead. (Won't happen though, so put the phone down).
Will.

I had a pile of calls from the U.S. only a couple from Europe. The money is here or are you thinking of deceiving a European brother...

Mine has been gone a month, and so has dads.

I must have missed the thread. Which one did you sell Dave? I remember talk of it, but don’t recall actually seeing it.

Good luck with the sale Will. Hopefully she finds a good home. Seems like a great price, for such a nice car imo.

Someone is going to get a very fine car. I kind of get it that people need to move on but it worries me that this is becoming an unhealthy trend. The uptick in values gives me hope that there are enough young folks willing to pick up the Cbody torch.

I must have missed the thread. Which one did you sell Dave? I remember talk of it, but don’t recall actually seeing it.

This one.

IMG_4146.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back