SOLD 1969 Chrysler 300 2 door hardtop....Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and I'm still waiting on the wire transfer.
I'm about to pull the plug

@Grinch I'll be at my office in 4 hours. If the funds aren't there, you're out and the car gets relisted...stateside sale only.
Dodging my PMs is not a good idea either.

Last edited:
Tim I feel bad about joking around in posts 5 and 12.
But I had a gut feeling she may go to Europe.
It is not cool the car is already being advertised when the car is still in your hands.

...and I'm still waiting on the wire transfer. I'm about to pull the plug
FWIW, international wire transfers can take 2 (fastest, to Canada) to 7 days (Western Europe) in my experience.

Edit: To be clear, those are lower and upper bounds based on what I have learned from folks I know well who have bought or sold G&S internationally (Canada and Europe). For Europe, most typical is 3-4 business days. YMMV.

Last edited:
FWIW, international wire transfers can take 2 (fastest, to Canada) to 7 days (Western Europe) in my experience.
I don't know what bank you use, but when speaking with my banker, he told me EFT/wire transfers will take only 24 hours from Europe, as long as the funds are transferred within the senders cut-off time/time-zone.
What it comes down to being sure the funds actually get sent when promised by the buyer.

This is all moot now, as the funds have been deposited this morning some time between 5:30am and 8:30am.
The car is sold.

@sixpkrt -- glad to know all went well. If your buyer does this professionally, then I agree that he ought to have told you that it would (or at least could) take longer. I'd say that the three business days it took seem right on the mark to me for a "small" transfer.

Last edited:
Don't know much much the car went for, but lets say 8k usd.
It needs some work (maybe mechanical, brakes, supsension etc), carpet, body panel touch ups & paint (i'm not talking about restoration but minor repair work). Lets say 1,5k usd for example in Poland. Shipping 1,5kusd. We have 11k USD total.
The car will easily sell l for around 20k usd. The reason : nice original & stock condition, 2dr, it's a 300 with hideaway lamps.
If i had some free cash i'd take it, and maybe hold on for it for a while and sell it later to a good home.

maybe mechanical, brakes, supsension etc), carpet, body panel touch ups & paint (i'm not talking about restoration but minor repair work). Lets say 1,5k usd for example in Poland.

That 1.5K amount sounds really inexpensive to have all that work done, even if you're doing everything yourself.
The 1.5K shipping cost also seems to be lower than what others say it would cost.
Sounds like a bargain if you lived in Poland.

It needs some work (maybe mechanical, brakes, supsension etc), carpet, body panel touch ups & paint (i'm not talking about restoration but minor repair work). Lets say 1,5k usd for example in Poland. Shipping 1,5kusd. We have 11k USD total.
No way.
That 1.5K amount sounds really inexpensive to have all that work done, even if you're doing everything yourself. The 1.5K shipping cost also seems to be lower than what others say it would cost.
Agreed. Triple or quadruple the shipping from Chicago to Bremehaven. To put a number on @sixpkrt's comment, say you double the cost of the repair work. Now you're at minimum $16k (unlikely) and could be in for $18k (more likely).

PS: BTW, doubling the repair cost does not include fixing or replacing the AutoTemp--though that may not matter to most European fusie lovers, and fixing a 1969-1970 H53 A/C is a futile exercise anyways.

Last edited:
Congratulations Tim on the sale, I was wondering it was gonna sell since the buyer was not responding.
:):thumbsup:

I don't know what bank you use, but when speaking with my banker, he told me EFT/wire transfers will take only 24 hours from Europe, as long as the funds are transferred within the senders cut-off time/time-zone.
What it comes down to being sure the funds actually get sent when promised by the buyer.

they usually take longer because the wire transfer does in most cases not go straight from the original bank to the receiving bank.
If the receiving bank in the US is a local savings bank it can even take longer because they are often not set up for internation transfers and need to use a bigger bank inbetween, too (BOA,citi, wells fargo etc)

Ask me how I know: I am working in a bank

Carsten

The car will easily sell l for around 20k usd. The reason : nice original & stock condition, 2dr, it's a 300 with hideaway lamps.
If i had some free cash i'd take it, and maybe hold on for it for a while and sell it later to a good home.

IIRC Tim lives in Chicago
That is about 800 miles to NJ harbour.
So the US transport to the harbour will probably be already 600-800 $
And we are talking cheap transport car sitting outside not enclosed trailer transportation.
Shipping in the container is 1000 $
documentation fee for export in NJ 100 $
loading/unloading container and handling fees wil be round EUR 650 (750-800 USD)

After that you pay import tax on all of it:
8000 $ car purchase
800 $ US trailering
100 $ export documents in NJ
1000 $ container shipping
800 $ loading/unloading/handling fees
10.700 $ in total
750 $ import tax (7% of previous total in germany)
200 $ cleaning the ac (mandatory when AC cars enter europe in the harbour)
100 $ insurance coverage for ocean shipping (stranding cover, if the ship sinks)

total 11.750 $ sitting in Bremerhaven and being paid ready for pick up. Transportation costs to your local place come on top depending where you live.
After that you will need to start repaires.

In all these calculations the litte costs here and there are not included like (wire transfer fees, telephones calls to the US with seller, shipping companys etcetc)

Carsten

Thank you for the detailed quote. For the inland shipping, the amount you're quoting would be for open transport. Enclosed transport would be quite a bit more. Regardless, we get into the range that I was quoting.

Thank you for the detailed quote. For the inland shipping, the amount you're quoting would be for open transport. Enclosed transport would be quite a bit more. Regardless, we get into the range that I was quoting.

yes
I wrote that, too.

I wouldn't ship it that way but dealers like to cut costs so that is what probably will happen.

Carsten

And we are talking cheap transport car sitting outside not enclosed trailer transportation.
Shipping in the container is 1000 $
documentation fee for export in NJ 100 $
loading/unloading container and handling fees wil be round EUR 650 (750-800 USD)

After that you pay import tax on all of it:
8000 $ car purchase
800 $ US trailering
100 $ export documents in NJ
1000 $ container shipping
800 $ loading/unloading/handling fees
10.700 $ in total
750 $ import tax (7% of previous total in germany)
200 $ cleaning the ac (mandatory when AC cars enter europe in the harbour)
100 $ insurance coverage for ocean shipping (stranding cover, if the ship sinks)

total 11.750 $ sitting in Bremerhaven and being paid ready for pick up. Transportation costs to your local place come on top depending where you live.
After that you will need to start repaires.

In all these calculations the litte costs here and there are not included like (wire transfer fees, telephones calls to the US with seller, shipping companys etcetc)

Carsten
Wow, almost cheaper to move to the USA, and get all the C bodies you want and all the parts you need and keeps these great cars in the states!

:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back