1969 Chrysler 300 no start

So, voltage regulator or wiring harness?
I'm thinking the wiring harness had built up too much resistance to allow good spark. In an earlier post i mentioned it only had 7V on the hot wire going into the ballast resistor. That told me there was something screwy with the wiring. At that point I decided to get back to basics and replace the harness before then checking other things along the way. It was a small hope and really wasn't expecting it to start. But hey, I will take the win!

nice... So, you think they put a pretty "wild" camshaft in there too? I'm sure I have it in the papers somewhere, just wondered what you though from hearing it run.
Sounds like it could be a bit lumpy but until I tune it properly i cant say for sure. That will come soon. I swapped in the new valve covers today too. Stay tuned.

I'm thinking the wiring harness had built up too much resistance to allow good spark. In an earlier post i mentioned it only had 7V on the hot wire going into the ballast resistor. That told me there was something screwy with the wiring. At that point I decided to get back to basics and replace the harness before then checking other things along the way. It was a small hope and really wasn't expecting it to start. But hey, I will take the win!
Sometimes a win is gain by paying attention to something that might seem minor, but it changes the whole game.

Back