1969 Chrysler 300 no start

Ok. Now.....
Disconnect the wire on the hot side of the ballast resistor.
Run a wire from that terminal on the ballast resistor directly to the battery.
You are bypassing the ignition switch that way.

Ok. Now.....
Disconnect the wire on the hot side of the ballast resistor.
Run a wire from that terminal on the ballast resistor directly to the battery.
You are bypassing the ignition switch that way.
Worth a try huh? All I wanna do is cook.

Starts to sound quite strange.

Are you 100% sure that the short block is original? If not here is one almost absurd idea: reverse rotation marine block/cam? Did you mention that the previous owner did not get it running either?

Okay, I checked the voltage of the battery, 12.2 volts, good. Then I turned the ignition on and ground the negative of the voltmeter then touched the positive needle to the power in wire on the ballast resistor, 10.8 volts, it should be 12 volts right?

I think I have a few systemic problems here, I decided to go over the wiring a bit more and under the dash to get a feel of what Im dealing with in this car. I have a suspicion I may need to go through it more closely and maybe even replace the engine bay wiring harness. Check the pics for what I am seeing.

wiring.jpg
wiring1.jpg
wiring2.jpg
wiring4.jpg
wiring5.jpg

I think I have a few systemic problems here, I decided to go over the wiring a bit more and under the dash to get a feel of what Im dealing with in this car. I have a suspicion I may need to go through it more closely and maybe even replace the engine bay wiring harness. Check the pics for what I am seeing.

View attachment 203470 View attachment 203471 View attachment 203472 View attachment 203473 View attachment 203474
That's pretty ugly and a fire waiting to happen.

Since you bypassed this mess and you have spark, I'd say it isn't your problem, but it still needs to be replaced.

Fuel getting into the combustion chamber....... Check.
Spark plug is firing on the compression stroke....... Check.
No combustion whatsoever. :BangHead:
You are defying every law of physics.:realcrazy:

Low compression in all the cylinders would be a possible indication of a bad timing chain that's slipped and changed valve timing.

Low compression in all the cylinders would be a possible indication of a bad timing chain that's slipped and changed valve timing.
Yeah i know that could be a real possibility, I have yet to find my compression tester, its buried somewhere.....

Back