1969 Chrysler 300 offered for trade, I need to know what the real value is

My bet is that he has the 300 valued at $6K and the Charger at around $15K - both figures are easily double what they are really worth as they sit.

Don't let the assumed lack of desirability of the Belvedere cloud your judgement. There are plenty of people out there (including me) that like the '66 - '67 B-body cars far and above the "me, too!!!" crowd that loses their minds over '68 - '70 B-bodies and any E-body. You'll find your buyer, be patient.

Those photos of the 300 are actually quite horrible for assessing value. They are either too dark, in the shadows, or taken at a distance. A black car with good bodywork and paint should be easy to show in photographs. Hopefully the owner is honest and the car is as good as it appears but I would be suspicious.

Nice Belvedere!

Late to the party but in total agreement with everybody else, nice Plymouth!

Yes. Keep the Belvy, for sure. 68' Charger though even a dog like this one I know is hard to walk away from.

I let the kid know last night the deal was never going to happen. I was going to let him down gently but he texted me asking if I would throw money his way on the deal at his dad's request. I told him what you guys and the b-body forum valued his cars at. I then told him that asking for cash on top of my car when my Belvedere is worth at least $10,000 more than his two cars was an insult. I guessed he figured all I could say was no but I think he was a bit out of line on that one.

I drove the Belvedere last night around the block and it put a huge smile on my face. There is nothing better than the sound of a big block mopar, and the smooth ride of an old b-body. If only I had another c-body the ride would be eve smoother! Although I am selling the Belvedere to fund my Cuda project, I really miss my 68 Polaras. I will have another c-body one of these days...

Thanks for the advice everybody, I really do appreciate it.

The kid that owns both cars is local to me. The 69 Chrysler was painted, and very poorly body worked. The shop they used did a very cheap cover and patch job on a bunch of rust. It was painted in a open carport at some guys house. I can send you the facebook link to the Shoddy body and paint work. Last I knew the kid blew the rear-end out in the 69 Chrysler. He was asking around to find one.

I let the kid know last night the deal was never going to happen. I was going to let him down gently but he texted me asking if I would throw money his way on the deal at his dad's request. I told him what you guys and the b-body forum valued his cars at. I then told him that asking for cash on top of my car when my Belvedere is worth at least $10,000 more than his two cars was an insult. I guessed he figured all I could say was no but I think he was a bit out of line on that one.

I drove the Belvedere last night around the block and it put a huge smile on my face. There is nothing better than the sound of a big block mopar, and the smooth ride of an old b-body. If only I had another c-body the ride would be eve smoother! Although I am selling the Belvedere to fund my Cuda project, I really miss my 68 Polaras. I will have another c-body one of these days...

Thanks for the advice everybody, I really do appreciate it.

I was afraid the kid had over estimated the value of his 300. The engine bay really put me off as well. We are so far apart on value, I don't see how the trade would work. I like and want the charger. I had one seven years ago that was in similar condition that I let go. By let go I mean it was an offer I couldn't refuse. 68-69 chargers in the roughest of condition bring incredible money. I like the kid, only Mopar nut in his family, and a good wheeler dealer on the phone. I can't hold it against the kid for offering the trade but I don't think he has the cash to make it possible.

I am very pleased that you guys like the Belvedere and agree with the value it has. I don't mind doing the labor for free, but I was afraid I had gone completely overboard on spending and would end up with a massive loss when selling on to fund more projects. It's been up for sale since mid April and I have only gotten this one phone call from this kid offering the trade. It's going to be a tough one to sell.

I concur with everyone else and what you have is a very clean nice car. Enjoy it until it sells on it's own or you actually get fair trade.

Also curious why did refer to the Dad as his Crazy Dad?

The kid had some big stones to ask for cash to boot with YOUR car! After that request, I'd probably have told him to go piss up a rope! His Dad is indeed crazy...crazy stupid!

He has been trying to get 15,000 for just the 69 Chrysler 300. He said he had to sell it because he bought the 68 Charger and needed the money for the restoration of that one.

69 chrysler 300-7.jpg69 chrysler 300-8.jpg69 chrysler 300-6.jpg69 chrysler 300-5.jpg69 chrysler 300-4.jpg69 chrysler 300-3.jpg69 chrysler 300-2.jpg69 chrysler 300.jpg69 chrysler 300-9.jpg

69 chrysler 300.jpg

69 chrysler 300-2.jpg

69 chrysler 300-3.jpg

69 chrysler 300-4.jpg

69 chrysler 300-5.jpg

69 chrysler 300-6.jpg

69 chrysler 300-7.jpg

69 chrysler 300-8.jpg

69 chrysler 300-9.jpg

All after pics were taken at a distance......... Black shows all flaws. There's even pics of the A pillars receiving mudd!! Car was a lipstick cosmetic job. No mechanical work was done.

Back