1969 Chrysler 300 offered for trade, I need to know what the real value is

superbee_68

Reaction score
A kid offered me a 1969 Chrysler 300 and a 1968 Dodge Charger for trade on my restored 1967 Belvedere. I know what the charger is worth, just not sure what the 300 is worth. The 300 was restored by the kid and his car crazy father a few years ago and he says its well done, no amateur stuff. All I have so far are pictures. If you guys need to know more in order to give a true value, let me know and I'll ask the kid.
Thanks,

image.jpgimage_8.jpgimage_7.jpgimage_6.jpgimage_5.jpgimage_4.jpgimage_3.jpgimage_2.jpgimage_1.jpgimage_9.jpg

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_5.jpg

image_6.jpg

image_7.jpg

image_8.jpg

image_9.jpg

I am not authority on this but that 300 looks pretty sharp from the pics you have posted.

If the 300 was professionally retored then I would expect the engine bay to reflect that as well.. The pictures tells me a different story unfortunately..

Nice cosmetic resto, but it's too bad they neglected the engine compartment. I don't know what value you have your Belvedere at, and you don't show any pics of the Charger. Ultimately, it boils down to "Are YOU comfortable with that trade scenario?"

Last edited:
Cosmetically it looks great! but what is the trade value for all cars involved? My spidey senses don't work well with pic's alone.. :D

That 300 looks super sharp.....until the hood opens. WTF would/did they stop at the engine bay???

engine bay will be indicator of what under carrige looks like imo is just old car with quick paintjob and few basics

The charger is a rusty project, missing the rear bumper and head light motors, 318 under the hood is not original. The charger needs quarters, floors, and the rear filler panel. But its a complete 68 charger which seem to have a cult following. The Belvedere is a fresh restoration. Everything has been changed or restored. The Belvedere has the wrong hub caps, wrong air cleaner, and a few tasteful performance goodies. Other than that, its a factory style restoration. There will for sure be more value in the Belvedere but I can't seem to get anyone to bite on my parts break even price of $22k. The $22k doesn't include the parts I already had laying around or any of my labor...ouch.

image_1.jpgIMG_0730.jpgIMG_0736.jpgIMG_0738.jpgIMG_0747.jpg

image_1.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

Very good looking Belvedere! Uhhmmm... Okay, this is my opinion: Don't trade. Unless you'll get a good wad of money also.

You have a nice restored two door 60's mopar already and after the trade you'll own two project cars instead, all though the 300 looks great outside and should be running and driving?

I'd be looking for a better trade...

WOOF....I love Dodge Chargers, but that one looks like its been thru a couple teenage owners or more. Cult following, yup. Beat up 318 missing who knows what parts. Have to think about that one.

Ditto, unless you are looking for two more projects. Sorry, that 300 looks rough from the interior to the engine bay. The charger is a looker, but my guess is you'll have a lot more than 22k into those two before they meet the specs of that Belvedere. Pass.

Plus, the Charger has late-model Mopar wheels on it, which do NOT FIT, and will shear the lug bolts right off the axles. I'd trade the guy, as long as he has about $10K - $12K to go along with the trade. Fix the Charger with that money as it is presumably a 318 car anyway, and you can pretty much do whatever your heart desires with that. Drive the 300. Enjoy.

Me??? I'd keep that Belvedere! I truly think you'll regret a trade if you do it.

I would say from what I can see of the 300 and assuming it has no rust that its worth about $4000(if its factory black) plus the charger while desirable is only a 318 car and is in sad condition making it worth $2500 to $4000 if there is a title. Yours is $22000 those two cars dont go close.

I agree with the above. Your Belevdere is wy betterthan the 2 combined unless there is some serious cash payout for you as well. say my estimate would be $15G's coming your way.
That charger is beat and needs a major overhaul. it is missing the correct #'s matching engine. You can never bring that back ever...

If it were me, I'd run away fast!

But in the end it is up to you as to what you decide, not ours.

BTW, your comment about geting some one to bite on the Belvy? Well that is the unfortunate part of owning a Mopar of this styling..

You have to wait it out if you want to get your parts money invested back out of it.

OR find the right buyer... They are out there you just have to find them

You could try advertising it outside the USA...
Good luck with this.

I was afraid the kid had over estimated the value of his 300. The engine bay really put me off as well. We are so far apart on value, I don't see how the trade would work. I like and want the charger. I had one seven years ago that was in similar condition that I let go. By let go I mean it was an offer I couldn't refuse. 68-69 chargers in the roughest of condition bring incredible money. I like the kid, only Mopar nut in his family, and a good wheeler dealer on the phone. I can't hold it against the kid for offering the trade but I don't think he has the cash to make it possible.

I am very pleased that you guys like the Belvedere and agree with the value it has. I don't mind doing the labor for free, but I was afraid I had gone completely overboard on spending and would end up with a massive loss when selling on to fund more projects. It's been up for sale since mid April and I have only gotten this one phone call from this kid offering the trade. It's going to be a tough one to sell.

Don't let the desire for the charger cloud your judgement. It's a pig. Keep the Plymouth.

Stay away from both of them. Judging by how nice your car is, you'd be regretting doing the trade down the road. I'd rather have your nice car and getting no action on it than live with those two other cars.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Back