1969 chrysler 300 revamp.

Frank1669

Reaction score
Hello everyone and welcome to probably the slowest 300 buildin history. I found this car on a localcraigslist site and had to have it. I do all of my own work (well at least 90%)of it. I am very respectable doingmechanical. ok at body work and noviceat upholstery. I usually fix up olderJeeps that I can order any part I want and they don't have much interior. this car need a lot of upholstery work thatis going to be my biggest challenge. Iwant her to be a clean fun cruiser that I can drive anywhere you know the usuallittle bigger cam, loud exhaust, biggest tires I can stuff under the back without rubbing. Don't worry no slapper barsor side pipes. anyways it will be aninteresting ride.

DSCN0853.jpg

DSCN0854.jpg

DSCN0855.jpg

DSCN0856.jpg

DSCN0857.jpg

DSCN0858.jpg

DSCN0859.jpg

DSCN0860.jpg

DSCN0861.jpg

DSCN0862.jpg

Welcome. Holy ****, is that some sort of "print" design on the dashboard there? This is the very FIRST time I've ever seen that.

IMG_2466.jpg

That "print" on the dashpad is actually typical of a C body pad when it hasn't been cleaned in many years. Those pads in particular (69 & 70 mostly) oozed some oily substance that became sticky and formed a clumped pattern like you see in the photo herein. While it looks and feels gross, it actually seemed to prevent those pads from cracking so easily, and it wipes off fairly easily with today's grease removers like simple green or some of the even more recent cleaners for grease. I have not seen this phenomenon on any other dashpads, just those from the 69 - 79 Chryslers and Imperials. The Dodges, Plymouths and 71 and later C body pads, including Chrysler and Imperial did not ooze that stuff, but they also cracked more readily.

Welcome. I know what you mean about taking forever, mine took 20 yrs and an ex-wife..lol.

I was wondering about that crap on the dash as well. I thought maybe some kind of cleaner build up gone bad. I have worked on some nasty cars before, but this is ridiculous. Started to do some cleaning spent about an hour in the car. that was all I could stand. my eyes are now burning and I cant stop sneezing. Will be picking up some dust masks and Benadryl when I am in town tomorrow. on a plus note I did find a Broadcast sheet- its in poor shape but at least it was there.

Oh well. Thought I was seeing something distinctive there. I have never seen that before on any fuselage dashboard. I was kind of envious. Now not so much.

Back