For Sale 1969 Chrysler Newport Convertible - $14950 (Chesterfield, MI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Have we seen this one before? It seems to have been gone through thoroughly:

1969 Chrysler Newport Convertible

"Colorado car brought here in 2014 when I purchased it. The Chrysler got a complete drive train, suspension and Interior rebuild. In 1983 it was repainted, there are some dull spots and chips. The car is very clean and solid for its age. This car is very reliable and a great cruiser. Only 2160 of these cars where made in 1969. Vehicle's factory options:

Driver and Passenger 6 way power seats.
Power Convertible top.
Power Windows
Power Brakes with front disc's.
Power Steering.
Cruise control and Air Conditioning.
Search seeker AM/FM Radio
Dealer installed 4 Barrel carb and intake."

00M0M_3wyZtv0a5Gh_1200x900.jpg

00K0K_iWbPRIWlnwP_1200x900.jpg

00a0a_kNBtb3qGTUA_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_7Q7xnnsstvu_1200x900.jpg

00q0q_ewaiMwMpPQF_1200x900.jpg

00303_etKWdkCuBLB_1200x900.jpg

00707_2o54zlG8wvV_1200x900.jpg

Very nice looking convertible. It is good to see, that people obviously take care of Fuselage Mopars.

I like it. Looks like it needs paint, but everything else looks like it's done.

It is a beauty but it’s been for sale for quite some time.

It is a beauty but it’s been for sale for quite some time.

If it were a 300, it would probably be gone. Very nice car it appears with a lot of desirable options and also updated quite a bit. I like that the instrument panel was restored, and all the original bright silver pin striping around it is redone nicely. That is attention to detail.

Went and looked at last year when it was for sale. He did do a nice job on the car.
Really needed a paint job.
Do not know why he does not paint? That is really all it needs.
Guess he figures he will not get the return.

Can anybody tell me where I get this retro radio from? I'm looking for my 69 300 conv

Thank you!

Repaint in '83? There are some interesting dents and marks in that body.

Interior looks great but I think the owner went with 300 seat covers; Newports do not have buckles.

Repaint in '83? There are some interesting dents and marks in that body.

Interior looks great but I think the owner went with 300 seat covers; Newports do not have buckles.

It really doesn't take too long to check your assumptions before posting them..............

69_Newport_2.jpg

That looks very nice except for those rectangular exhaust tips.

Went and looked at last year when it was for sale. He did do a nice job on the car.
Really needed a paint job.
Do not know why he does not paint? That is really all it needs.
Guess he figures he will not get the return.

I really like the color of this car. Its one of my favorites. A proper repaint of this car would probably approach $10K. So, I can see why he hasn't done it. Since it needs paint, its not a $14K car - but probably an $8K car.

Last edited:
I really like the color of this car. Its one of my favorites. A proper repaint of this car would probably approach $10K. So, I can why he hasn't done it. Since it needs paint, its not a $15K car - but probably an $8K car.
I don't know.... The car appears to be sorted out mechanically and the interior is done etc. Yea, $10k for paint, but I think most $8k cars that we've seen need the $10K+ paint, $2k interior, $2k mechanical at minimum.

So is an asking price of $15k out of the question? Maybe a little high, but I've pretty much decided that if you want a nice C-body convertible, you are really looking at pulling at least $20k out of your pocket by the time you buy the car and repair/restore/paint/whatever. You start with a $2k car that needs a top, interior, rust repair, mechanical, and paint. Easily over $20k. Go a little higher on the food chain and spend $5k on a little nicer car that needs paint, interior, and a top. Again... over $20k total with purchase.

This is why I was yelling "Buy it!" when Will's 300 vert came up for sale.

So.. I'll bet an offer of $12k will buy that car.. Maybe a little more. From the pics, it looks like it needs nothing besides paint to be really nice. $10k for paint gives you $22k. Is that really out of the question for a well optioned vert with a desirable color? IMHO, it's not.

I don't know.... The car appears to be sorted out mechanically and the interior is done etc. Yea, $10k for paint, but I think most $8k cars that we've seen need the $10K+ paint, $2k interior, $2k mechanical at minimum.

So is an asking price of $15k out of the question? Maybe a little high, but I've pretty much decided that if you want a nice C-body convertible, you are really looking at pulling at least $20k out of your pocket by the time you buy the car and repair/restore/paint/whatever. You start with a $2k car that needs a top, interior, rust repair, mechanical, and paint. Easily over $20k. Go a little higher on the food chain and spend $5k on a little nicer car that needs paint, interior, and a top. Again... over $20k total with purchase.

This is why I was yelling "Buy it!" when Will's 300 vert came up for sale.

So.. I'll bet an offer of $12k will buy that car.. Maybe a little more. From the pics, it looks like it needs nothing besides paint to be really nice. $10k for paint gives you $22k. Is that really out of the question for a well optioned vert with a desirable color? IMHO, it's not.

John: I would agree with everything you say - IF the car was a 300 with a 440. But this car is a Newport with a 383.

John: I would agree with everything you say - IF the car was a 300 with a 440. But this car is a Newport with a 383.
Yea, that's true, it is a Newport and not a 300. Cost to restore/paint etc. would still be the same though.

The car in question has some really good selling points though...

I'm nor really clear on the hang up with a 440 over a 383 in a car like this. I don't think it really makes any difference considering how the car will be used. The up graded interior is the same as a 300. Only thing lacking is the hide a way headlights.
The 383 will deliver improved fuel mileage. The 440 is for bragging rights, what's that worth?
Asking price is close to reality for this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back