NOT MINE 1969 dodge polara 500 conv $32.500,-

69monaco

Reaction score

00202_6mtJdt0PKTw_12w0Mo_1200x900.jpg

nice car, wonder why current owner is selling after only less than a year of ownership?

This is looking like a better buy all the time.

This is looking like a better buy all the time.

[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]
A good buy, perhaps if one is willing to work on it themselves. But a great buy, regardless, I don't think so.

That T5 Polara 500, which has been for sale since last November, looks as if it has had work done to the lower rear quarters. It seems to my eyes that the work was not done right (wrong curvature of the panels) -- which means there has been rust (so a thorough look is needed) and the current repairs need redone anyways. Now, one knows how much money can go into a restoration.

The advantage of the car for sale here (DM27H9D241455) is that all work has been done, which puts an upper bound on costs (though one is never done with old cars...). Here is a YT video of the car when it was previously for sale:

Last edited:
A good buy, perhaps if one is willing to work on it themselves. But a great buy, regardless, I don't think so.

That T5 Polara 500, which has been for sale since last November, looks as if it has had work done to the lower rear quarters. It seems to my eyes that the work was not done right (wrong curvature of the panels) -- which means there has been rust (so a thorough look is needed) and the current repairs need redone anyways. Now, one knows how much money can go into a restoration.

The advantage of the car for sale here (DM27H9D241455) is that all work has been done, which puts an upper bound on costs (though one is never done with old cars...). Here is a YT video of the car when it was previously for sale:

I think you missinterpreted my comment, the one that needs restored is worth the money if someone has the time and money to restore it and, IMO is deserving of a restoration to save it. My comment was not that the black one was not worth it, simply that the brown was was worth restoring and the price is fair.

Maybe it's haunted and that's why it's changed hands so much??

Just like anyone else.........
No problem with that at all, more power to him. My initial reaction was the price was high but if that's the market now, as others have eluded to, all the better for those on this site. A rising tide lifts all boats as they say.

Wow, that car is sure being passed around since it appeared just down the road from me at Maple City Dodge in Hornell, NY.
I wonder if people like it in pictures and buy it, then own it a little while and the somewhat-faded interior starts to grate on them, and the smell of undercoating on the exhaust nails the coffin?

Unless everyone has a different reason for not keeping this one for very long.

Back