NOT MINE NOT MINE 1969 Dodge Polara 500 Convert

That's what makes this unique, the contrast. I like the small liberty taken to adjust the color on the trim. It is easily reversible.
Is it a deal breaker for you Alan ? I have a feeling you weren't buying .
The upper bodyside trim would be a deal breaker for me (on a 500), removing it would be a full repaint.

I thought about a dark argent on my 500 trim, didn't like it all polished, this is too close to that, yes easily fixed.

No AC is a plus for me, clutters up under the hood, would upgrade to disc, not a fan of the bumper guards.

At $28k you are ahead of me and the car is done.

Alan

Too much ? I didn't have you penned in as a C.B. Prices aren't what they used to be, pickins are slim and 20 K should get you a solid driver two door with a bench seat.

We know of a 440 70 convertible that sold for $44000 a few years back. It had mud in the quarters a bench seat and a average paint color, cream.

I think 29,000 is fair. 25 is real good.
Of course, that is if this car is what it looks like. It might not be a duck.
What is a C.B.?
A cheap bastard?

I don't really know the C body prices as I am really just learning the price curve of these cars. New to the C body game.

Yes, Cheap Bastard. The site has its CBs. It also has the guys that respect C bodies and the value of a quality car.
:thumbsup:

Ok, thanks for straightening me out. Why has it sold three- four times in 18 months?

The upper bodyside trim would be a deal breaker for me (on a 500), removing it would be a full repaint.

I thought about a dark argent on my 500 trim, didn't like it all polished, this is too close to that, yes easily fixed.

No AC is a plus for me, clutters up under the hood, would upgrade to disc, not a fan of the bumper guards.

At $28k you are ahead of me and the car is done.

Alan
Thanks, no disrepect for the car but I couldn't figure out what was causing me to not be impressed with it. It's definately the upper bodyside trim. That's a big distraction for me on this car.

I don't think so. Not for 30 large. I think either there is something not kosher or guys think they can cash in.
IMHO, for that money, the upholstery should be a lot better.

In fact while the car looks nice at first blush, there's just a little too much used car lot type stuff going on.... Like the new undercoat.

The car could be great, I don't know... I just think the red one is a better deal and quite possibly a nicer car.

I'm 100% with you @Big_John on the interior and undercoating.
I think if one saw it in person, if they had an eye for detail, they will find this car a little lacking.

I dont understand why the interior looks so worn in 3 of the photos and not so much in the others?

If it wasn't white interior I'd be so down. But US to Canadian exchange makes that an almost 40k car with customs

Back