For Sale 1969 Dodge Polara 500 with 440 Magnum - $995

Status
Not open for further replies.

How long have you been in Bama.....? You do know that vehicles older then 72 are not issued titles here..... A BOS and VIN inspection and its yours.

I've been in Bama quite awhile, but I've never bought a car older than a '72.

So, you just taught me something. :)

Thanks!

However, I bought a 80s car with a salvage title ONCE. About 25 years ago. That experience was enough to teach me quite a few lessons. :)

Basically, if you are an AL car dealer, you can get about anything done with a car title. But, if not, and you don't have a good clear title, let's hope you are related to a dealer or are good friends with one. Otherwise, its going to be all uphill.

It will get done EVENTUALLY, but non-dealers are a VERY low priority. And this was way before our current state "budget crisis". Now we are airing dirty laundry, so I'll quit. :)

YMMV.

A true Magnum would be worth the stink.

As long as the block isn't cracked.

At least that is my naiive take on it.

I've actuallt never owned one or built one (Magnum), so add that grain of salt. :)

"For Sale" 1969 Monaco 4-door Sedan HP 440 (375hp) with cruise, PB, PS, AC, Disc Brakes $1000 FIRM ($500 w/o engine)
2010-05-08_043.jpg

This is more joke as the owner isn't listing the car (but it is available), he will sell for $500 without the eng/trans.
I do not recall the complete car price. Car is rough but restorable. That is my CHP car next to it.

I do not think he is interested in selling the engine without the car. Not seen are the 20 plus big block B-bodies.

Alan

Dave, as far as I can gather the 'special' 440 for wagons was just a 350 horse 440. And note above, another 440 '69 Polara with an HP........I have yet to see a '69 Polara or Monaco sedan, htp or conv 440 car with a code of E85 on the tag...........not saying they don't exist, but you will normally see E86 cars.

Dave, as far as I can gather the 'special' 440 for wagons was just a 350 horse 440. And note above, another 440 '69 Polara with an HP........I have yet to see a '69 Polara or Monaco sedan, htp or conv 440 car with a code of E85 on the tag...........not saying they don't exist, but you will normally see E86 cars.

I'm a little lost with this statement.
Are you saying you have seen 350 horsepower (VIN-K) but with E86?
or you saying you have yet to see a E85/350 horsepower (VIN-K) 69 Monaco/Polara Sedan/Hardtop/Convertible?

Alan

or you saying you have yet to see a E85/350 horsepower (VIN-K) 69 Monaco/Polara Sedan/Hardtop/Convertible?
Alan

This is what I am saying........when you see a '69 Polara/Monaco with an original 440 notice what it has in it. You'll see wagons with a base 440 and the other body styles with the HP but rarely if at all will you see it the other way around. If you Google '69 Polara 440, for instance, you'll see stuff with an HP motor all over but not with the base 440. And do we know of any '69 wagons with a factory 440 HP? I don't remember ever seeing one.

This is what I am saying........when you see a '69 Polara/Monaco with an original 440 notice what it has in it. You'll see wagons with a base 440 and the other body styles with the HP but rarely if at all will you see it the other way around. If you Google '69 Polara 440, for instance, you'll see stuff with an HP motor all over but not with the base 440. And do we know of any '69 wagons with a factory 440 HP? I don't remember ever seeing one.

Interesting, like many here I am still learning about C-Bodies.

Alan

Never seen a 69 wagon with L-code 440 HP. Just k-code 440 engines (350HP)

But what about the opposite? A k-code not in a wagon (69 Polara/Monaco)?

Hey Alan, i'm sure as you know you can never say 'never' with Chrysler Corporation, after all, only Chrysler would build a four door Plymouth Fury in 71 that you could order a Gran Coupe option on, complete with Gran coupe emblems! according to the 69 Dodge sales literature, if you ordered a 440 (again, in 1969), it automatically came as a 440 Magnum in any Polara or Monaco, but not including any Polara or Monaco wagons, which received the standard cam (E85) 440 with dual exhaust and dual snorkle air cleaner. I see a lot of questions on here about which engines were available in which cars for a given year, and just thought i'd refer anyone who wants to learn to a great website that has most of the factory literature available to look at for free. http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/library.shtml. The basic breakdown of factory 440's for 69 and 70 full size cars is: 440 standard cam, single exhaust/ single snorkle air cleaner ( code E85), standard on Chrysler 300, New Yorker and Imperial, rated at 350 HP and 480 FtLbs of torque. This 440 was standard on these cars for 69 and 70. VIN Code K in 69, T in 70. I'm going to limit this to just these two years as that's what people have been asking about. 440 standard cam, dual exhaust, dual snorkle air cleaner, also code E85, also still rated at 350/480, VIN Code K in 69, T in 70, is sometimes referred to as the "station wagon" 440, because this is the 440 that you got when you ordered one in a wagon, Plymouth, Dodge and Chrysler. This also became the 440 you got in 1970 Plymouth and Dodge full size cars, ("replacing" the newly non available 440 HP's in Plymouth and Dodge full size only, except fleet/ police). This engine is also the standard engine for the 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT. 440 standard cam, dual exhaust, dual snorkle air cleaner, with higher rate dual valve springs, rated at 360 HP, available only in fleet vehicles( police, etc.) 440 HP, 375 HP, code L in 69, Code U in 70, (E86), is the 440 you got when ordered in a 69 plymouth or dodge full size non wagon. Was available in both 69 and 70 as an option on all Chryslers, standard on the 70 300 Hurst. Also of course available on fleet/ police vehicles. Not available from the factory on 69 or 70 Imperials, interestingly, 68 was the only year you could have ordered anything optional on an Imperial 440, as the 440 "Dual", with, you guessed it, dual snorkle air cleaner and exhaust, but still the standard cam. This was in response to the new Cadillac 472 for 68, rated at 375 HP, and the new mid-year avaiable Lincoln 460, rated at 365. Imperial did rate the 68 440 "dual" at 360 HP. 440 six barrel, 390 HP, V code, available only on the 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT, as an option. Just some fun facts about 69/70 440's, with a little 68 thrown in! lots to read, but hope it might answer some questions, Scott.

That is the best breakdown of the 440 C I have seen in writing, ever and I have been paying attention to 69/70/71 Cs since 1975.......

Well played

Title is not a big deal,..

Guess what? In some states, no title IS a "big deal" and a deal-breaker, to boot. I will never, ever touch another no-title car that comes from a title-required state. A bill of sale is useless in Oklahoma, and is not recognized as "paperwork". And if a car is brought in from a "no-title" state, such as Alabama, New York, and such; there HAS to be proof of prior registration of that car by the seller in that state before Oklahoma will recognize that the car actually came from that state. Otherwise, it's treated as any other no-title car; meaning it's a big-league PITA to get a title for it. Not worth the asspain. Been there, done that. And OK does not recognize paperwork from title washing companies like Broadway.

I once bought a car without title.
It got a Alabama registration and after that I could ship it out of the US even though the car has never seen Alabama in reality

I once bought a car without title.
It got a Alabama registration and after that I could ship it out of the US even though the car has never seen Alabama in reality

Well, that's one of the things you have to love about our state. :)

No emissions laws either. ;)

0027297859821.jpg

0027297859821.jpg

It's a big-league PITA to get a title for it. Not worth the asspain. Been there, done that. And OK does not recognize paperwork from title washing companies like Broadway.

Most collectors find a way to get it done regardless of the "PITA", or paper work issue.

And the car in question cost peanuts,...it was almost free! So the "risk" of no title is actually not a big deal, except for you not having the time or wherewithal to do it.

If a 69 Polara 500 440HP in these colors, with these oprions was the car you were after, you should find a way to get it done irrespective of the "PITA".

Yea in order to get a title in this state you half to register the car in NY a guy explained the whole process to me once it is a hassle but least it can be done.

Most collectors find a way to get it done regardless of the "PITA", or paper work issue.

And the car in question cost peanuts,...it was almost free! So the "risk" of no title is actually not a big deal, except for you not having the time or wherewithal to do it.

If a 69 Polara 500 440HP in these colors, with these oprions was the car you were after, you should find a way to get it done irrespective of the "PITA".

I agree 100%

If you are a "numbers" guy and find the car you really want and like: You find a solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back