For Sale 1969 Fury Cop Car??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vinyl top, spot lights that are some kind of bolt on & chrome trim on the fender lips make me doubt it's an old police car.

Its worth a call if I was you. All things mentioned above would not preclude it from being a former squad car.

odd placement for spots...if they are, how are they moved around to do their job?

anyway, i agree not enough info in ad to say its ex-cop rig, or not, in my view.

They can't even be operated without leaving the vehicle with this Installation.
I could see that style of RWL tires well on the SF GTs and Hursts though.

They can't even be operated without leaving the vehicle with this Installation.

Moot point. They're dummy spots.

yeah, that's probably right. may not even work at all, but most certainly if they are powered you gotta get outta the car for them to be of any use except decoration.

NEVER seen that done before and i've been 'round the block a couple times...BUT that's why we have the Internet.

cop car i sorta get .. side-stop/safety thing maybe for a fender mounted light (non-spot). the Chevy? not my first customizing choice. must be an 'old school" thing?

rcmp.jpgDSC00984.jpg

one more...check out the old Poncho. article says it was auxillary lighting for a country veterinarian to make his rounds...

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/car-of-the-week/car-of-the-week-1952-canadian-pontiac-fleetleader

1952-Pontiac-low.jpg

rcmp.jpg

DSC00984.jpg

1952-Pontiac-low.jpg

Could it have been a fleet car, power company or some utility that would need the spots but not from inside?

I've seen the outside Installation on civilian/Company cars in the past in old movies/periodicals from time to time but not on Police cars.

But they look real. I bet they feel real. Just like Dolly what's her name. Forget it. I agree they are faux

Dummy spots were popular in the 50's and into the 60's they were non functioning units to give the look of spots.

I seriously doubt this car is a fleet car of any type.

Alan

Those chrome rims are the same ones that are on my blue 69 polara 440 vert. Where those a factory or dealer installed option or just aftermarket?

The closest thing to the mounting of those fake dummy spots is the mid 70's Chevy fullsizes.......as far as the subject of police cars with fender lights, they were called "Pull over" lights, usually with "Stop, Police" masked on them in black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back