1969 headrests

"I have seen several references to the "black upholstery only" on 69 Chrysler reclining seats. This white one does look original, which is great because mine will be reupholstered in white.
Literature also suggests that the headrest is required with the reclining seat"

2lscegw.jpg

reclining seat

It only makes sence that a headrest would be required with a reclining seat. It would be very uncomfortable in the recline position without.

I don't understand the restriction to black only upholstery though. Probably something the "bean counters" came up with. That white recliner in the picture sure looks to be original.

My seat will be done in white.

Well nothing wrong with off topic replies. Did you see the smiley at the end of my reply? I was joking but you look really frustrated... If not, just use more smileys.

Then dont be so uptight when someone goes off topic in your thread...:icon_salut:

How do I look frustrated if you cant see me?:wave3:

"I have seen several references to the "black upholstery only" on 69 Chrysler reclining seats. This white one does look original, which is great because mine will be reupholstered in white.
Literature also suggests that the headrest is required with the reclining seat"

2lscegw.jpg

Nice brochure in color! Where can I get one... Do you have more of these?

Last edited:
Dealer album

Nice brochure in color! Where can I get one... Do you have more of these?

That is a page from the color & trim selector section of a 1969 Chrysler dealer album.

The albums were used by new car sales to provide information about the standard, safety, and optional features availible on the new car line products. They were car line specific..(Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler), and obsolete after the model year, there are quite rare today.

Some albums incorporated a "Data book" and "Color & Trim selector" in one album, others were seperate two volumn sets. Trim selectors can be very informative when the actual upholstery swatchs were used.

Then appear on ebay now and then... Or contact the latger literature dealers and inquire.

I had to get one for the 1970 Dodge. I probably paid $200.00 for it eight years ago. A must have for anyone with a passion for a specific car

Back