For Sale 1969 Imperial Crown Sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdk2010

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
In poor condition, but sure a rare car. A not so popular Sedan, but still worth saving...

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5330369495.html

00D0D_8jpmRHP9i9S_600x450.jpg00E0E_lyNQPFcxdGQ_600x450.jpg00O0O_kWGrP0MWPxe_600x450.jpg00Q0Q_6lAhtGZQpB3_600x450.jpg00101_9weD9VazZp1_600x450.jpg01313_7vvdpVkoRtE_600x450.jpg

1969 Chrysler Imperial four door sedan Has been parked for a decade Probably a parts car now. Has all parts complete big block .Owned only by the first owner. Very straight body and nice chrome,many good parts. Some rust beginning in the body.Nothing missing, $1200 cash 71-544-6123

00D0D_8jpmRHP9i9S_600x450.jpg

00E0E_lyNQPFcxdGQ_600x450.jpg

00O0O_kWGrP0MWPxe_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_6lAhtGZQpB3_600x450.jpg

00101_9weD9VazZp1_600x450.jpg

01313_7vvdpVkoRtE_600x450.jpg

Looks strange with those dual body side moldings.

I'd rather have a sedan (sans vinyl, of course) over the PITA vinyl and plugged hardtop.
In black they are very stately and sophisticated.

I've been talking to the seller today and he said the interior is awful, but I asked him to send me interior and engine pics.
I'm in Fresno, California about 4 hours away from the seller, but I'm very interested in his car and if I buy it, it'll
Go in my garage and I'll restore it. I just wonder if I'll be able to find any interior parts that are destroyed or
Missing?

I talked to Jeff the owner of the Imperial and he sent me 16 more pictures of the car. I also noticed this car is propane powered, from the pictures of the engine. All of the equipment for the propane conversion is worn or broken. I don't know if it has a propane tank in the trunk or if the original gas tank and fuel lines are still in the car??? The interior is decent, but the dash pad and headliner is shot. I wonder how much it would cost to convert the car back to gasoline again???

That shouldn't be to bad.. even with new parts. A "new refurb carb" costs less than 300 $, and new lines, a fraction.. and in the US, you could probably get a used carb for peanuts!

I installed new cobber lines on my 300 in a few hours, for less than 50 $, and it was probably more fun, than it was work.

Not sure how the propane conversion is installed though.. Just how much of the fuel system was altered/removed? Could be interesting to see pic's if you got any! I know of several converted C's in Germany, but never saw one here in Denmark.

I hope you will be able to get this one as well.. Beautiful car !! Would love more pic's in general!

Good luck man!

PS: Cool user name.. All we need now, is a "Chryslerman" :-D

Hey post up the rest of the pics for all of us to enjoy!!!

Maybe Chryslerguy would like to complete the deal before sharing the pic's.. (I probably would, and THEN I would gladly share.. :)

which reminds me, that I actually shot a million pic's of the under carriage of the blue wonder recently.. and I should/could post them, if anyone cares to see them?

I talked to Jeff the owner of the Imperial and he sent me 16 more pictures of the car. I also noticed this car is propane powered, from the pictures of the engine. All of the equipment for the propane conversion is worn or broken. I don't know if it has a propane tank in the trunk or if the original gas tank and fuel lines are still in the car??? The interior is decent, but the dash pad and headliner is shot. I wonder how much it would cost to convert the car back to gasoline again???
I used to be a propane conversion dealer and can certainly let you know what it will take to convert back to gas, send me some pics and i can confirm what you need. Usually when a vehcicle is converted the gas tank etc is left in place as normally the vehicle is used as a dual fuel car. Sometimes the car only runs on one type of gas but that is rare. Pics will tell me what you have and whats been changed.

Maybe Chryslerguy would like to complete the deal before sharing the pic's.. (I probably would, and THEN I would gladly share.. :)

which reminds me, that I actually shot a million pic's of the under carriage of the blue wonder recently.. and I should/could post them, if anyone cares to see them?

Yes, post the pictures! Everyone on FCBO would like to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back