For Sale 1969 Imperial LaBaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beep Beep Dave

Reaction score
Contact seller
This one was at the Toronto Auction this weekend. I wasn't able to go and I don't know the car. Pretty impressive in the few pics. I did however raise an eyebrow when it was bid up to $17,500 Canadian($12,700 USD) and didn't sell. Obviously the owner thought it was worth more.

Anyway I thought I'd share:

Collector Car Productions

Lot : SP01
1969 Imperial LeBaron 4D

Auctioned on Saturday, May 6, 2017

Not Sold at a High Bid of $17,500

• Engine Displacement: 440
  • Transmission: Automatic
All original highly optioned LeBaron. 33,000 original miles on one of the rarest Imperials ever made. Extremely low production for '69. Runs and drives beautifully, fully loaded, including the 440 cu. engine.

1969 Imperial 1.jpg
1969 Imperial 2.jpg
1969 Imperial 3.jpg
1969 Imperial 4.jpg

This one was at the Toronto Auction this weekend. I wasn't able to go and I don't know the car. Pretty impressive in the few pics. I did however raise an eyebrow when it was bid up to $17,500 Canadian($12,700 USD) and didn't sell. Obviously the owner thought it was worth more.

Anyway I thought I'd share:

Collector Car Productions

Lot : SP01
1969 Imperial LeBaron 4D

Auctioned on Saturday, May 6, 2017

Not Sold at a High Bid of $17,500

• Engine Displacement: 440
  • Transmission: Automatic
All original highly optioned LeBaron. 33,000 original miles on one of the rarest Imperials ever made. Extremely low production for '69. Runs and drives beautifully, fully loaded, including the 440 cu. engine.

View attachment 124094 View attachment 124095 View attachment 124096 View attachment 124097

Much like PCP big-block 'Cudas, I'll bet more Imperials now exist in this configuration than when new!

Daaaaroooooooool!:wideyed:

I would swap that green/white battery to repro Mopar battery or least paint it black etc...

Now, on Feebay

1969 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron | eBay

Edit / addition:
Lovely sales pitch... :lol:

"Extremely low production for '69"..
(In reality, over 22.000 Imperials was built in / for the 1969 model year, making 69' the Imperial's THIRD BEST SELLING YEAR EVER...!!)

"Fully loaded, including the 440 cu. engine"..
(As if the "not so fully loaded", sported the 318). :)

Last edited:
If it were a two door where would the price be....?:thumbsup:

I don't know...we haven't been able to establish what it is worth as a 4 door yet!

It seems to be in really nice shape, but no real detailed pics of the undercarriage or the trunk with the mat. Those usually separate the men from the boys.

Dave

Did the owner spray Armor-all over the entire engine compartment?

I love the low production figure statement. In my book I take low production to mean few buyers ordered the car even if one of Imperials best years vs. few cars made intentionally. Very nice car but not a rare, rare and seems seller is looking for a collector. Is Jay in the market? Nah, he already has a nice one and probably didn't overpay.

He says all power options work but I still wonder about its Autotemp 1 system function. I sent him a question along those lines on the Ebay listing. I should have asked about the sequential turn signal lamps in the back too, but then I thought they are easy enough to get working in any case.

He says all power options work but I still wonder about its Autotemp 1 system function. I sent him a question along those lines on the Ebay listing. I should have asked about the sequential turn signal lamps in the back too, but then I thought they are easy enough to get working in any case.

Pretty neat, I just came across this for the first time a couple of weekends ago. I had to look it up. Love the sound.

Dave

He wanted 22k at the auction. Subtract the 10% commission he'd have to pay so guessing he'd start at $19,800.

Imperial.jpg

Did the owner spray Armor-all over the entire engine compartment?

I love the low production figure statement. In my book I take low production to mean few buyers ordered the car even if one of Imperials best years vs. few cars made intentionally. Very nice car but not a rare, rare and seems seller is looking for a collector. Is Jay in the market? Nah, he already has a nice one and probably didn't overpay.

Owner is well stocked in Armor-all
Client Service - Senzel Limousine

Pretty neat, I just came across this for the first time a couple of weekends ago. I had to look it up. Love the sound.

Dave

That looks identical to the one that was once in my Cougar. Same switch and looks to be the same rubber like piece that held the electrical connections. Most Cougar's were dead within four years max as the cam would barely spin anymore. Today's replacement for it is a completely electronic which I have and works great.

Old vs New
67seqEARLY_1.jpg
1492458690_z.jpg

He wrote me back that the Autotemp works "perfectly". Mine also has 34K miles on it, but I haven't started it up yet so I don't know what it will do...............

That looks identical to the one that was once in my Cougar. Same switch and looks to be the same rubber like piece that held the electrical connections. Most Cougar's were dead within four years max as the cam would barely spin anymore. Today's replacement for it is a completely electronic which I have and works great.

Old vs New
View attachment 124163 View attachment 124164

Is that new electronic sequential unit something that could be retrofitted on a New Yorker? My car has three bulbs like the imperial does. I think that would be a nice little addition even though my New Yorker never came with it.. thoughts?

Is that new electronic sequential unit something that could be retrofitted on a New Yorker? My car has three bulbs like the imperial does. I think that would be a nice little addition even though my New Yorker never came with it.. thoughts?

I suppose one could if you could duplicate the wiring that hooks up to the unit's connections. I'd have to look as the last time I might have looked down into the left quarter could have been 15 years ago.

If the Collector Car Auction bid was real, the guy will just buy the car as he was prepared to pay $17500 plus 10% commission ( $1750) for $19250.00 Canadian. Pretty close to the $19800 the seller would have received at auction. Mayby the ebay ad was to find that one buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back