1969 Imperial progress thread

Very exciting! Congratulations! What a great starting point, it looks like all it needs is a little work just to get it moving again. As the others said, I'll miss the for sale ads, but you will have to make up for it with restoration updates.

I know I've lost a lot of great For Sale ads... LOL
Congrats, Vodka.

So. . . I was wunderin' why I wasn't seeing any Vodka 'For Sale' posts ! Also, I missed this post for some reason.

Congrats, Julian on finally finding a pretty neat car. I'm really looking forward to the rebuild.

I welcome the size of these old keys! All keys today are too big... And all keys I had in the US from rental cars or my familys cars have the remote separately instead of folding keys... Way too much key in the pocket for my taste.

I don't really need an extra key for the trunk, but ok. Together even smaller than my BMW key.

I only know these, but they are a bit too much for my taste...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Rar...er|Model:Imperial&hash=item5af8f4f9c6&vxp=mtr

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

In this case, they are both round! I'm happy with the standard keys. I like the pentastar!

I could do without the white gold, but I must confess that I do like the leather-and-logo fob. I had one with the Dodge emblem when I had my Dart. If I found one available for <cough> substantially less than $46, I'd buy one.

The Gold keys are too much...

But I like these fobs too. There are 3 different versions on ebay.

maSAoZuGoZiKREiYJSGFPEw.jpgmfAGbk2psiymr7F8D1hDOzQ.jpgmtFieIm0BuFQhQWw1MdU1nw.jpg

I like these keys, but they're just for early models...
mbLXK0Fx443LpRoYVHvqnOA.jpg

maSAoZuGoZiKREiYJSGFPEw.jpg

mfAGbk2psiymr7F8D1hDOzQ.jpg

mtFieIm0BuFQhQWw1MdU1nw.jpg

mbLXK0Fx443LpRoYVHvqnOA.jpg

Vodka, don't try to decide over a Chinese made new FOB with a vintage logo on it.
Look for an original dealer supplied key ring your keys would have come with.
Even if it's one of those cheap rubber ones with dealer's name hot stamped onto it. Way more valuable to me.
I can go to the $ store right now and and get a Lambo key ring.

Vodka, don't try to decide over a Chinese made new FOB with a vintage logo on it.
Look for an original dealer supplied key ring your keys would have come with.
Even if it's one of those cheap rubber ones with dealer's name hot stamped onto it. Way more valuable to me.
I can go to the $ store right now and and get a Lambo key ring.

$(KGrHqF,!rEFJh44k+6PBS,qw)Fe8w~~60_57.JPG

As I said, unfortunately I don't have the keys or any of the number, dealer or logotags.
I like these leather tags, but I don't wanna use any of them, they're to big.

I would use the originals, but all I have right now is a brandnew set of keyblanks.

I like the slightly-cheezy '70s appeal of the leather key fob, but I don't like it $20 worth. It's a $6.95 impulse purchase.

I've moved to multiple key rings. The catch is that I need to have my non-car keys on the ring, or I'll forget to grab the extra set. So my solution is to copy my other keys (house, office, etc.) so I have a complete second set of keys. That means I can have just my Imperial keys with the three other keys I need, and the whole ring doesn't get to big. Otherwise, I'd have three car keys, two remotes, two motorcycle keys, and who knows what else.

I have my car keys and the other keys separated from each other. I don't like it, when all the keys strum around in the ignition switch...

I still like my vintage original key tag.
Unit number (4948)
License Plate (434) E808434 (808 known because of know plates/unit number combos)
2010-08-22_189.jpg

This is nice. I would use a tag like this too. Small, simple and individual.

Maybe I can reproduce one for my car...!?

But I have not quite understood what exactly is the second number?

This is nice. I would use a tag like this too. Small, simple and individual.

Maybe I can reproduce one for my car...!?

But I have not quite understood what exactly is the second number?

The last 3 digits of the license plate that was issued to the car...
2014-01-12_007.jpg

Using historical photographs I was able to figure out the first 3 digits.

Alan

Back