1969 Imperial progress thread

I'd rock one of these if it fit in my pocket....

il_340x270.548513513_gg1g.jpg

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
All in the choice of pants...

I decided to buy a few parts over there because I can sent them to Dan and he put them into the the Trunk for me for shipping!
Now a few questions about parts. I never saw the car and have no comparison.

I have compiled a list at Summit. Any wrong, not fitting parts for my Imp?

summit1.png

Are these RockAuto Parts fine?
rock1.jpg

Which Brake hoses are the right ones?
rock2.jpg

The next thing is, Dan told me the Carb is probably toast... What's the best replacement carb I should buy?
Stock is a Holley, so again a Holley? Or Edelbrock? Or something else?

I know, a lot of questions, but I'm totally new with all this and I hope I can benefit from your summarized hundreds of years of experience.
Any suggestions what parts I probably also have to replace?

I'd go over to the Imperial club website for the brake pad questions. http://imperialclub.org You might also want to join the Yahoo Group for Imperials. They're not as fun as this group, and there are lots of questions that intersect with overall Chrysler knowledge which is better here, but you'll find a lot of people who know a lot about Imperial specifics there.

I bought my pads through Harmon Classic Brakes, but that's because I had some concern that the pads from a less-specialized supplier might not be the right ones for my Budd brakes. I think my brakes are '67 and '68 only though, so you may well have different needs.

All the hoses are probably okay. There's a bunch of different brands available. There's also not usually a lot of difference in price. Unless I have a preference for brand, I tend to go with the most popular. I bought hoses for my '67 from them, and they fit fine.

Regarding carb, I went with Edelbrock. You can do a quick search here to find the threads I started, and get the same info.

I didn't see the "tuned for economy" option when I was buying. I don't know if I would have chosen that or not. Hmm.

Did you select the black carb body on purpose? Because if not, I think it adds significantly to the price of the carb. It looks like it's about $100 more expensive. Which is fine if you're going for the look, but if you don't, you can save some bucks (or Euros, as the case may be).

It's interesting. You had a link to the Edelbrock store, which described it as a 750CFM electric choke carb "Calibrated for economy." The same part number on the Edelbrock products site (http://edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/carbs_acc/performer.shtml) Shows the same part number as a manual choke.

I went with the 1411 750 electric choke in silver.

And I just got back from the carb shop who did the installation for me. They changed out the springs and fixed a vacuum leak they found (and I missed) and sent me away without letting me pay them. Runs really nice now. I'm pretty happy.

I exidentely pressed the buy it now button on the manual choke version. I pressed the wrong button to get to the wrong carb with the right description, indeed...

I would prefer the black version, but not to extra charge...

This one should be the right one, I guess.
http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/edl-1411/overview/

It says "calibrated for economy", too. Regarding to the fuel prices over here, I'm fine with that. ;)

It turns out that the seller of these keys is a member of the Imperial Yahoo Group. I came across his name tonight when reading some emails about trying to install seat belts in pre-'61 cars with swivel front seats. Another member had high praise for Joe Jesser, the seller of these keys, relating back to some work that had been done a while back.

These keys are NOS from key manufacturers. The story on his website is interesting (but bad website): http://www.jessersclassickeys.com/index.html So if anyone is looking for classic keys, it appears that Joe Jesser is a Mopar guy.

It turns out that the seller of these keys is a member of the Imperial Yahoo Group. I came across his name tonight when reading some emails about trying to install seat belts in pre-'61 cars with swivel front seats. Another member had high praise for Joe Jesser, the seller of these keys, relating back to some work that had been done a while back.

These keys are NOS from key manufacturers. The story on his website is interesting (but bad website): http://www.jessersclassickeys.com/index.html So if anyone is looking for classic keys, it appears that Joe Jesser is a Mopar guy.

Interesting! The golden laurel wreath keys are too much for me. Not my taste. I like the chrysler logo keys but they're not for 1969 :(

Is there a large fuel savings or any other significant benefits with the new Edelbrock 1411? I would prefer to rebuild the Stock Holley carb.

Found this:
http://www.holley.com/types/Trick kit, Fast Kit, Renew & Rebuild Kits.asp

Does anyone know the stock carb name or parts #?

If your Imp came with a Holley it'll be a model 4160. Do you have your build sheet filled in yet? What's the two digit number for the carb?

Unfortunately, I don't have a build sheet yet. I just read somewhere, that all 1969 Imperials have a holley carb as stock.

There were 600cfm and 750cfm versions. I'm afraid I have to wait until I can check the carb by myself when the car is here.

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt.JPG

The 440 would have 750cfm if it is the stock carb. As a general rule, Chrysler over-carburated their engines

I agree with MrC, it'll be the 750 or at least it should be if its not. I'd wait to get the car in your possession for some of this stuff Julian.

Probably unnecessary to buy a 42 dollar air filter that you have to clean and oil, I'd just buy a couple of the standard ones.

Ok, I'll take the 750 kit. It's not that expensive... If it's the wrong kit, I can sell it here on Ebay...

Any other parts that better be replaced too?

Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
0002.JPG

0002.JPG

If you are sure you're going to make the original carb work and assuming it is the Holley 750, it wouldn't hurt to have those other pieces on hand as well even if you don't need them right away.

Wise words! :) I thought the same. That's 40 bucks more instead of 100 with shipping or so, later.

Back