1969 Imperial progress thread

Oh Julian, you crazy freak! :icon_thumright: That's really awesome work done. Good thing the plastic gear was all good and no teeth missing.

Thanks for the kind words guys! :) I will be happy as well when I fixed that damn aluminium plate problem!

But I am now accepting orders :p

Oh Julian, you crazy freak! :icon_thumright: That's really awesome work done. Good thing the plastic gear was all good and no teeth missing.

Oh, the teeth were all broken off. He just made a new one with an old cutting board and a nail file. But it was no big deal, so he didn't put up pictures. Too easy.

:eek:ccasion14:

The teeth were all ok ;) There were just two small cracks in the shaft. I thought about sleeving it, but the shaft is sitting tight in the motor, so I just fixed the cracks. Looks good tho.

I don't want to hijack [MENTION]MrMoparCHP[/MENTION]s resto threat..!

Whats your projected time line for completion of your imperial being restored by?...

I don't really have a time frame for my resto mod in order not to be disappointed by not reaching one. But according to my estimated costs and my abillitys to pay for them, I will need 2-3+ years from now on.

Mostly stock, but with a lot of own interpretations is my plan. After I was told what restoration exactly mean, mine is not a restauration. It's not 100% factory at the end... I'm upgrading parts that make sense, change cables, connectors, colors etc. And I'm going to lower the car a bit and put custom wheels on it. I thought about removing the vinyl top but I'm not sure about that anymore because I will run into to much problems with the rear window then...

Ok, I fixed the aluminum problem today. Now I'm using FR-4. Great stuff, good to handle. Worked out great after messing up the first one by using a too big drill for the holes...

Headlamps - Motor - 184.jpg

Headlamps - Motor - 186.jpg

Headlamps - Motor - 184.jpg

Headlamps - Motor - 186.jpg

Back