1969 Imperial progress thread

I want to find out all the facts.

It is just that we, ( i mean europeans ) have a lot of expectations when we buy cars oversea and we only have confidence when we are buying something. There is not big deal in saying that something is totally dead and if we don't buy, we don't buy but when you buy something and you are 4000 km away you really want to KNOW the shape of the stuff.
Now i am used to it so I only count 50% of what is said to me for the truth when i buy in the US So i am not very disappointed. for example the corvette i bought 1 year ago : " only the oil pan gasket to replace.. ) ok. After replacing 3 gaskets and the detent cable there are awlays leaks...

I prefer dealing with non professional people, I always had good surprises in the past. for example, when i bought the body for the 300 on this forum, I've always wondered how did Brian do to build the structure to protect the body during shipping, that must have cost a lot ! this was nearly too much. I am still using the wood today in other stuff !

EDIT : I want to ad something in favor the the US. This that we often think that in the US this is like in europe. But distances are huge, everything is huge and if, here in France for example i can go to the next region in less than 2 hours, ine the us no one will travel 5/6 hours for a piece of metal for 50$... or just "to see something" and, they can ship huge parts even if i can ship a hood for a 2cv that doe not mean that you have to ship me a hood for a 69 imperial.
I will add that canada is not the best place to do business with europe because this is more expensive to ship and it is better to go in USA( cheaper, faster ).
Even Form France to germany it will be a pain to ship huge parts. French postal services are crap and very very expensive.

But juste so you know, I ill have some parts of a 70 chrysler 300 body available in the future...

Last edited:
Truthfully, I can't understand for the life of me why people overseas attempt to restore American cars.
Would I attempt to restore 1970 Jag? Uhhh.... No oooo!

But you can get a trunk floor for it... :poke:

F143866885.png

https://xks.com/i-7083986-jaguar-boot-floor-e-type-series-i-16-2036.html?ref=category:1207205

Wow.I would love to clean up that interior for you.The leather looks great.Love that steering wheel and car color.Keep those pretty hubcaps.This is your car for life.The 69 coupe was the prettiest fusie imperial.B,B

Truthfully, I can't understand for the life of me why people overseas attempt to restore American cars.

They look nice, give nice road manners (nothing like being rock-solid corner carver), they´re exotic, but they don´t have something like a ``2.2l DOHC`` under the hood.

Any updates on the car or parts your restoring? I love following along with your rebuilding, you have such attention to detail.

As mentioned in the "for sale" thread, I bought this '72 for parts. Mainly for the sheet metal. The entire floorpan, Trunkpan, Trunk expensions, front window frame and maybe lower quarters when useable. But I will also use the front Brakes to replace the Budd brakes on mine.
And a lot of other parts here and there. Because it's a rust free Arizona car, I can use a lot of parts that are heavily pitted on the underside of my car.

As soon as the weather allows it, I will part it out and continue the bodywork on my '69. I'm going to give my car to a bodyshop for all the welding.
I realised that I would never be able to weld it to my liking myself...
2018-12-06 07.59.30.jpg

2018-12-06 08.24.48.jpg

2018-12-06 08.33.31-1.jpg

DSC_0210.JPG

The only thing still missing is the "big" rear window and the dutchman panel + left and right extensions.
Dutchman Panel.jpg

So far for a small update. I know it's not "much" but next to searching for parts I'm saving money because labor in the bodyshop and painting the car is pretty expensive... :rolleyes:

reminds me we have to talk about the spare wheel and the wheelvocers, Julian as dicussed at the X-Mas party.

Sure Carsten! I haven't forgotten that! You're on my list, Sir! I haven't started selling parts because I haven't started pulling parts yet ;)

reminds me we have to talk about the spare wheel and the wheelvocers, Julian as dicussed at the X-Mas party.
Sure Carsten! I haven't forgotten that! You're on my list, Sir! I haven't started selling parts because I haven't started pulling parts yet ;)
Either of you need perhaps the finest driver quality rear bumper on the planet for a ‘69 Imp? It only has one of the ends at the moment and I’m loosing hope that the other will be found but I’m going to post it up here in a bit.:thumbsup:

thanks Matt,

I can't use it. The parts I want from Julian are just some spares which do work on my 70 Imperial.

Carsten

Thanks Matt. I need a good bumper but I fear for the money to buy and ship this bumper here I could rechrome my own over here :(

Thanks Matt. I need a good bumper but I fear for the money to buy and ship this bumper here I could rechrome my own over here :(
I figured this would be better suited for somebody that was within driving range.
The only other things I have are a jack hook and a couple of taillight lenses one of which is not yet in my possession yet.

Back