1969 Imperial progress thread

vdk2010

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, it's done! My 1½ Years long search got to an end. Thanks to all you guys supporting me :)
A special thanks goes to Dano for all his kindness and patience. He's a really nice guy!
Another big thanks goes to Matt (detmatt) for all his help during my search!

It will take a few weeks until I have the car here but I can start with sharing all pictures I have.
I will do a total restauration from top to bottom and try to do as much as possible by myself. This will take a few years. Or even a few more... but I'm not in a hurry.

I'm sure I will have a lot of questions during this process!

Cheers, Julian

1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_001.jpg1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_002.jpg1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_003.jpg1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_004.jpg1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_005.jpg1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_006.jpg1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_007.jpg1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_008.jpg1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_009.jpg1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_010.jpg

1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_001.jpg

1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_002.jpg

1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_003.jpg

1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_004.jpg

1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_005.jpg

1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_006.jpg

1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_007.jpg

1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_008.jpg

1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_009.jpg

1969_M9_Chrysler_Imperial_Coupe_010.jpg

Congratulations. I hope you maintain this thread as a full restoration thread. I for one will monitor it with great interest. :eek:ccasion14:

You certainly have your work cut out for you that's for sure. Still a 69' Imp is pretty nice car to own. Congrats and good luck.

I'm still not sure what I've gotten myself but I look forward to it.

I think you got a really cool car. It will be something when done. Your car looks complete, so that is a head start compared to my car. Congratulations !

Since it is a low miles car, the body is pretty good, even the leather looks good, the door panels seem nice, the instrument panel will clean up nice and rarely has cracks in this model, the steering wheel looks good, and so on, it won't be that bad of a restoration. Plus the engine is low miles and spins and probably the rest of the drivetrain would need minimal anything. One of the sticking points will be the Autotemp since generation 1 controls are not readily available to my knowledge and were prone to frequent maintenance from others I have heard from. But while redoing the body and cleaning up the engine compartment, you might want to consider switching to standard a/c controls at that time plus the standard a/c evaporator and heater assembly and associated wiring and hoses.
I think it will be an awesome project. Enjoy!

Good luck in restoring it Julian !
It will be a challenge and I wish you lots of success !
It belongs back on the street

Carsten

This is great, I'm really happy for you Julian! Those are the same wheel covers for '67, are they correct? You let me know if I can help in any way, even if it's just to hunt down parts here in the states.

This is great, I'm really happy for you Julian! Those are the same wheel covers for '67, are they correct? You let me know if I can help in any way, even if it's just to hunt down parts here in the states.

Thanks Matt! Good guy! No need to say more ;) And I guarantee I will come back to your offer!

Congratulations! I'm glad another Imperial is being saved. That doesn't happen often enough. I look forward to watching this car come back from the brink.

Back