1969 Imperial progress thread

We should also add that when finished it will likely be the most meticulously restored '69 Imperial that anyone has ever seen.

And he has methodically disassembled and cataloged every part.
RTR1JFO4.jpg

Posted via Topify on Android

Ok, here is what you need to know. Vodka spent years looking for a 69 Imperial. Found one, but the seller was a jerk and wouldn't sell it. Found another and it took a year to get it to Germany. He then proceeded to remove every piece of the car in a seemingly nonsensical way (makes sense to him!) driving some of us crazy. Polished and restored even the tiniest clip. Now he wants to put it on a spit and rotate the carcass like a pig. Stay tuned, not the end....
I knew all that, I'd just lost track of it recently.

Ok, here is what you need to know. Vodka spent years looking for a 69 Imperial. Found one, but the seller was a jerk and wouldn't sell it. Found another and it took a year to get it to Germany. He then proceeded to remove every piece of the car in a seemingly nonsensical way (makes sense to him!) driving some of us crazy. Polished and restored even the tiniest clip. Now he wants to put it on a spit and rotate the carcass like a pig. Stay tuned, not the end....

The way you summerized it, it doesn't sound really nice...

It does sound good Julian, It's been an interesting journey for us, down a unconventional path. You have not confined yourself to conventional methods, but still achieve forward success. I can see the time when all prep is finished and look forward to the smooth reassembly of what will be an outstanding and exceptional Imperial.

We're right with you on this Julian.

Sorry, I was trying to be humorous! Just poking fun at the Herculean task. :eek:ccasion14: Mostly I'm jealous of your accomplishment and wish I was further along with my project!

Bluefury361 sums up the true meaning nicely, thanks!

James

The most difficult thing on a foreign language is to understand sarcasm.... I know.
12 - 1.jpg

And because I'm getting close to none support from the people around me over here (besides my parents, which were disconcerted first, but growing on my project seeing my work), I am sometimes annoyed quickly.
But anyway, if I can shock you guys before showing some nice finished parts, it's even more entertaining! I'm doing things different all the time, but always reach my goals... This project is no exception.

I'm not to blame for most of the off-topic digressions anyway in this thread.

12 - 1.jpg

What fault? I don't know lots of the parts names in german because I learned them by reading the FSM and this forum. And I don't like mixing up two languages.

And Boston Cream Pie is not from Boston.
Also, Bostonians don't eat Boston Baked Beans.
They eat pizza, McDonalds, and Chinese food like everyone else.
Oops. Sorry for the diversion.
biggrin.png

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Fault can be a good thing or a bad thing. Or a crack in the earth. Crazy English language. This thread needs some boobs.

Okay, I have to ask. You have organized and catalogued to a fault. Just curious, why are the headings in english? I would have thought it would have been easier for you to have done it in german since you started with Dokumentation.

No fault. It is a compliment to your thoroughness.

Fault can be a good thing or a bad thing. Or a crack in the earth. Crazy English language. This thread needs some boobs.

Ok, got it! I take that as a compliment Thanks! ;) *and add sayings to the sarcasm ;)

Back