1969 New Yorker 2-door, Newcomerstown, Ohio - eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg B.

Reaction score
Contact seller
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=291173683789&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Sounds nicer than it looks. The paint job looks cheap and the upholstery is very odd.

69nyer1.jpg69nyer2.jpg69nyer3.jpg69nyer4.jpg69nyer5.jpg

69nyer1.jpg

69nyer2.jpg

69nyer3.jpg

69nyer4.jpg

69nyer5.jpg

Another car with red rims.

I'd say those seats are probably custom or at least the white inserts. I recall flowerdy seats in 70 models. I saw a 70 Fury convert with a blue flowerdy pattern interior once ... it was a 383 HP car too.

That upholstery looks incredibly well preserved under those thick plastic covers. Nice looking car in a great color combo!

Seems like a nice car, but it is not "bone stock" when it comes to the seats. They have been redone - not original at all. Even Chrysler's most lapse quality control made piping more straight than what is in that car. The original seats did have a floral print in the pleats, but nothing like what is in this car and nothing that dramatic and tasteless.

My grandma had a table cloth with that exact pattern on it. Or not. Either way it needs new upholstery.

I'm not familiar with the steering wheels on the New Yorkers. Is there something up with the pad on this one or is that how they wear?

I'd say this car maybe came in White from the factory and had a repaint in the current Color, the engine compartment seems to have another hue of blue and some overspray as well on the wiper Motor and wiring.

It looks white with a blue repaint to me too.

The upholstery.... Well.... It reminds me of the chairs my Mom used to recover. I'll bet the original upholstery is under the covers.

It looks like the seats are covered with a clear protector type cover, which was popular back in the day. The flower pattern we see may be in the clear cover. Chrysler offered a spring special upholstery that looked a lot like this one.
I don't think the car was ever white. The red rim was another popular owner dress up in the era. Usually just the rims lip that showed beyond the wheel cover was painted red.

I'm thinking this car is a real time capsule ..... original with a old repaint. Nice car, could be a sleeper.

You might be right about the clear covers. The trunk shows the white paint and blue overspray

The red rim was another popular owner dress up in the era. Usually just the rims lip that showed beyond the wheel cover was painted red.

I'm thinking this car is a real time capsule ..... original with a old repaint. Nice car, could be a sleeper.

The red rims are growing on me .. reminds me of red brake drums behind Magnum 500 or Road Wheels

Red line tires on a Budget. I like it as well if it's the right Color Combo.

It looks like the seats are covered with a clear protector type cover, which was popular back in the day. The flower pattern we see may be in the clear cover. Chrysler offered a spring special upholstery that looked a lot like this one.
I don't think the car was ever white. The red rim was another popular owner dress up in the era. Usually just the rims lip that showed beyond the wheel cover was painted red.

It looks like the front armrest has the same pattern and doesn't have the clear plastic on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back