For Sale 1969 newport 4 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably going to win the Powerball tonight (bought 5 numbers)
and with my newly established wealth, want to tour the country.
This car would really be a great road trip car.
Even though I am going to be filthy rich, being responsible with my money is important.
What would be a fair price for this car?
What should it bring that would be realistic. High 30s? USD of course.

want to tour the country

At 60k what you have to ask yourself is how much it will cost to undo all that is not needed for your want.

IMO these High Horsepower dragstrip wanna do highway with the overdrive don't do neither well.

Car would be better off with a stock spec 440 6bbl & stock 4spd & rearend, forget the rumpity rumpity stoplight look at me attraction, that drone get's tiring after many hours on the Interstate real quick.

My 1968 PK21 440 6bbl with the stock exhaust (HEMI mufflers) and 3.23's would be quiet and at 100-120 all you would hear is some wind buffeting noise, after 120 that all went away and would become very enjoyable quiet. You would hear more of the induction sound than the exhaust, but revving it up at standstill you would get a good rap from the tailpipes with the Hemi mufflers. I mean you had to floor it, as a timid friend that I had in the drivers seat doing this while I was a the rear was scared to floor it. I had to tell/show him "Floor it till it reaches 6500 rpm and hold it for a second or two then take your foot off the gas!" "Do it a couple of times!"... we were only teenagers then... and he hadn't got his Shelby yet, he was in his VW dunebuggy/bug/van phase LOL.

It needs to get rid of those hideous aftermarket gauges. And it needs a nice set of OEM buckets, a console, and a respray into something decent. Like Bahama Blue.

The GearVendors actually makes it an 8 speed not 5.

He's going to own this for a while, not because it's not worth it but because no one will pay that for a Powertour land yacht.

Kevin

I want to hire that insurance appraiser to appraise... well just about anything I would want to sell :D

I want to hire that insurance appraiser to appraise... well just about anything I would want to sell :D

Insurance appraisals have almost nothing to do with resale value. Strictly an appraisal to determine what it would cost to repair that same car into its current condition should it be damaged.

It can easily cost $100,000 to return a concours restored 1975 4 door Newport that on a good day wouldn't sell for $20k, back to concours condition.

Kevin

Yea you see them at CoParts, no matter what the agent sells ya for insurance when it comes down to the nitty gritty Insurance will total it out less the depreciation value.

That's why you see minor front end damage Hellcats there, heck setting off (all) the airbags will jist'bout make not worth spending the dollar amount to fix IMO. (from what I've seen)

Yea you see them at CoParts, no matter what the agent sells ya for insurance when it comes down to the nitty gritty Insurance will total it out less the depreciation value.

That's why you see minor front end damage Hellcats there, heck setting off (all) the airbags will jist'bout make not worth spending the dollar amount to fix IMO. (from what I've seen)

Agreed value policy has to pay the agreed value. That's why companies like Hagerty require an appraisal when the dollars go past a certain point. A restored 69 Roadrunner can be insured for $100K but it will need an appraisal to confirm it's actually a restored car, otherwise you could insure a cowl with a vin tag for $100K.

Kevin

newport 003.JPG
mine

@marko knows this car and it’s history I’m guessing. We discussed it on here about 2 years ago didn’t we?

For Sale - 69 newport six-pack 4spd

ive never actually seen this car in the metal, only seen pics on local torque master car club site .
i dont know anymore about the car other than someone spent alot of money and thinks its very valuable. ( ! )
wish i knew who appraised it, hopefully they can appraise my 1980 rover and i can retire....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back