1969 polara 500

Well as fate goes, I have the car. A friend bought it for all the good stuff to part it out and I just couldn't let that happen so the car is safely in my possession. The subframe and rear rails are crusty but the rest of the car really isn't that bad. It's all numbers matching and I found a broadcast sheet in the back seat! Very cool car with minimal stuff, painted roof, notice no antenna, he wanted to listen to that big 440 growl. I'll be spending a bunch of $$ on this car but its to cool to let die!

image.jpg

Kudos my man! That beauty needs to be saved. Please start a project thread and include lots of pictures. That will be a sexy machine when buffed out.

that car has traveled quite a distance without turning a wheel. glad it found a good home.

So it originally sold for $950 on Craigslist. Then eBay for $2,200? How painful was your purchase price?

Regardless, it was well worth it. That is a very rare car!

Best

FP

Congratulations.
It really is a rare car that shouldn't die.
I am proud of you !

Carsten

I agree that car is valuable. The engine and interior alone in the car make it worth the money. That dashpad looks perfect, and if it is, it would be worth a lot. It was one year only and no one is reproducing it, at least not yet and probably never with the correct stitching. Good score. I have a 69 Polara 500 convertible very much like your car with the 440HP engine too and it is close to yours in color, since mine is the B7 blue with black interior and some options such as buckets/console, power windows and more, but no a/c. It too has some rust, but I want to restore it anyway as well. I will probably have to replace the stub frame in mine, but I do have a spare one that is nice, and it would be no big deal to do since I would be restoring the whole car anyway. I think I now have all the body side trim I will need too.

Congratulations!

Thx everyone for the encouragement! Paid $2500 off eBay and another 8hun to get it down here but I don't mind if it was 9hun on Craigslist, even it was local to me, someone might have beat me to it at that price. Yes the dash pad is perfect and below is radio delete uncut. Here's a pic of the broadcast sheet. Keep in mind from Windsor which can have these spartan sheets. Just glad this was still here to comfirm some ov the stuff like suregrip. The fender tag doesnt have much on it but I think that is a Windsor thing also. Thx all!

image.jpg

Congratulations on saving that car, when I first came up for sale on Clist I inquired about it but was already sold. I am so glad to see this car saved. It is the Equivalent of a Sport Fury and that's rare for a Dodge. I certainly look forward to seeing more pics of this car as you work on it, cheers!

you are right, the original price doesn't matter at all.
If someone buys a bargain: fine
As long as I get what I want and I am still ok with the price I pay: Everything is good

Carsten

That car would be so cool with a 4-speed, but I don't know if I would have the heart to do that to it.

Thx everyone for the encouragement! Paid $2500 off eBay and another 8hun to get it down here but I don't mind if it was 9hun on Craigslist, even it was local to me, someone might have beat me to it at that price. Yes the dash pad is perfect and below is radio delete uncut. Here's a pic of the broadcast sheet. Keep in mind from Windsor which can have these spartan sheets. Just glad this was still here to comfirm some ov the stuff like suregrip. The fender tag doesnt have much on it but I think that is a Windsor thing also. Thx all!

The same looking build sheet i found in my old 69 polara 500.
Maybe all the 500,s were made in Windsor?

That car would be so cool with a 4-speed, but I don't know if I would have the heart to do that to it.

I,ve seen a 69 polara with a three on the tree once , was a red convertible in Florida ( fixer upper ).
Seller thought it was original..........

Back