1969 to 1973 Fusey coupe police cars

1970 Fury Nebraska Police.JPG

With all due respect, those 2dr hardtop police cars just don't look "right" to me. But then I grew up seeing normal 4drs instead.

We know that any bids were usually for the least expensive body style, which would usually be a 2dr sedan, if offered. Next would be the 4dr sedan (with perp hauling as a consideration). Therefore, the additional cost of the "sporty" 2dr ht would have had to be justified, somehow. Might it have been better high-speed handling with the slicker roofline? Or that they might be easier to sell when they were de-commissioned? No "4dr cop car stigma"? Just curious.

Interesting thread!
CBODY67

Another Nebraska police unit, '71 Dodge Polara:

View attachment 221538
Your picture in post 43 is my 71 Polara State Patrol 2 dr hdtp. I'm not sure where that picture was taken. I've put about 8,000 miles on it since I've gotten it on the road, All over the state of Nebraska and down into Kansas. It is photographed where ever we go, everybody smiles and thumbs up!
I found it in a junkyard in Falls City, NE around 1995. It sat outside till 2012 when we got it inside and back on the road. I'll try to upload some pics on here when I figure it out.

Your picture in post 43 is my 71 Polara State Patrol 2 dr hdtp. I'm not sure where that picture was taken. I've put about 8,000 miles on it since I've gotten it on the road, All over the state of Nebraska and down into Kansas. It is photographed where ever we go, everybody smiles and thumbs up!
I found it in a junkyard in Falls City, NE around 1995. It sat outside till 2012 when we got it inside and back on the road. I'll try to upload some pics on here when I figure it out.

:thankyou: .... I hope I'm in line when it is for sale

That is so cool! Thanks for that Lemon!

That's very cool. Any chance you have a build sheet for that car? A pic of the fender tag would be cool too.

Yes, I do have 2 build sheets and the fender tags are in place. The Nebraska Patrol cars up until a certain date were ordered with the HP 383. I talked to the purchasing agent that started around "71 and she said they thought they didn't need the 440's up to a certain time in the early to mid 70's. I'll try to get pictures on here when I can. Thanks all for the interest in this car.

New member here trying find out the most about a barn find I came across.

Vin picture will not load.

PK21H9D242723

I read this as a 69 fury cop car w/ 383 (heads are currently MIA). I have to scrounge rest of barn to see if I can locate them.

Do all of these have the concave rear window?

PXL_20230119_235026830.jpgPXL_20230119_235013398.jpgPXL_20230119_234903023.jpgPXL_20230119_234817299.jpg

Nebraska ran those so good probability its a Nebraska State Patrol car. Cool find! And yes the rear window is correct.

Back