1969 to 1973 Fusey coupe police cars

Virginia, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Nebraska, Georgia and Minnesota (?) ran the 2 door Pursuit cars..and likely some other States I’m not aware of.

The 440 2 door Pursuit cars are the rarest of the lot.

I’ve only seen 4, 1969, 440 2 door Pursuit cars in 30 years of searching, and one of them was scrapped... I have 3 in my registry.

Thanks, does your registry break it down between 21 = Sedan, 23 = Hardtop and 27 = Formal/Fast Hardtop?

Virginia, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Nebraska, Georgia and Minnesota (?) ran the 2 door Pursuit cars..and likely some other States I’m not aware of.

The 440 2 door Pursuit cars are the rarest of the lot.

I’ve only seen 4, 1969, 440 2 door Pursuit cars in 30 years of searching, and one of them was scrapped... I have 3 in my registry.
Quick question, the 440 powered two door pursuit i have here, is it on your registry?

Yes, they are all PK21 .

There were no PK23 or PK27 cars built.

These may not be 440 or even PK cars but they certainly are RI SP marked 2 door hard tops. Pennsylvania SP did not use PK cars, they special ordered there fleet starting with standard Fury II's but they were all very uniquely equipped for PSP including all the PK features. I don't know if it was a cost issue. I'd love to see the build sheet of a RISP 2-door hardtop.

.jpg

.png

If it's real, that is the first Formal Pursuit 2 Dr I've ever seen. I wonder what the VIN was, if it had the A38 on it. I doubt it would have been a PK VIN.

If it's real, that is the first Formal Pursuit 2 Dr I've ever seen. I wonder what the VIN was, if it had the A38 on it. I doubt it would have been a PK VIN.

Absolutely. In my rambling post earlier, I was trying to say the same thing. Pennsylvania State Police also did not use PK VIN cars for some reason but they were a large enough agency to order fleets with all the police pursuit options. I'm trying to understand what the advantage would have been to have a 2-door hardtop. Not as rigid of a body, no safe way to load and unload perps, I just don't understand it.

Another stock photo of police using a formal coupe.

75plymouth-vi-jpg.jpg
In that 70'era when the RISP was using Formal Fury's, I was running nightly back and forth thru RI and I got to know those guys and their cars intimately. Same Traps at the same locations every night.
Yep, I remember that prick, now. Exit 8, NB, I-95... Officer Callahan.

Yep, I remember that prick, now. Exit 8, NB, I-95... Officer Callahan.

HAHA! Wonder if he was the officer that pulled me over in a torrential downpour after seeing me headed southbound (downhill) on I-95 from the northbound side. He come up to the car in full rain gear yelling "ARE YOU DIEING TO GET TO THE HOSPITAL!". Drove away from that with a $15 'Improper Speed' citation since all he had was his eyeballing of me in the early 80's. (don't think he liked my 77 PK41, got stopped a awful lot in that car)

Everything on the Net is stolen lol. There was a '70 Fury 2-Door Hardtop ex-police for sale on CL back in 2014, not long after securing the '69 Pursuit. All white, not sure of the Department that it had served. A good solid car. Ben would remember it too

Everything on the Net is stolen lol. There was a '70 Fury 2-Door Hardtop ex-police for sale on CL back in 2014, not long after securing the '69 Pursuit. All white, not sure of the Department that it had served. A good solid car. Ben would remember it too
Yeah but this time I stole it from you. ;) Was there a thread on the 70 car for sale in 2014?

Yeah but this time I stole it from you. ;) Was there a thread on the 70 car for sale in 2014?

Lol. Yes, about that car, had a look if I had kept any photos of it, and couldn't bloody find anything. Shite. And it wasn't an expensive car either really. if there was a thread, I defo would have saved them for uploading. Then again my laptop did have a hissy fit in late '14 on a project in Sarina, and I lost heaps of stuff ay. I will have another search tonight mate...

Back