For Sale 1970 300 Hurst Convertible 1 of 1 original $150,000 E-Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurst Panties at that...

P5ZiDN0.jpg

This is the classic definition of way too much time on one's hands...

Third and unkonwn Hurst convertible

Confused, how do you consider that a Hurst Convertible beyond the sticker? It doesn't even have the hood.

That was a liberal use of metaphor there.

Obviously the car isn't a 300H/Hurst convertible.

It's likely a Y16 or Y28 car given to Hurst by Chrysler Co., to promote the 70 Chrysler line.

Having Linda pose with a green Chrysler probably helped sales a little!

FP

I guess that's why some of us lean towardz Blondez and otherz towardz brunettez and the occasional Red Head. It really doesn't matter if the swap waz made at a Dealership or under ah shade tree. If it didn't leave the factory with that 426 in it it's not a legitimate car az defined by the 300 club and the other 485+1 are no matter what you call it be it Yenco or Mr Norm or what value iz placed on it! 'Tiz what 'Tiz, ah made up car. I just use the term Clone which iz somewhat generic I guess but what else fitz az well? Jer

Jer, IMHO, it makes a HUGE difference if it waz done under a shade tree or at a factory-approved dealership. Olde Rufus under the tree {is it a cherry-picker tree??} would stuff it in there and hope she ran...for a while.

The dealership would stuff it in according to MA's recipe and guarantee it...for a while.

I would rather give my hard-earned $$ to a dealer back then and have papers from them that say, "Ma would Approve." :eek:ccasion14:

Then proceed to drive the sh*t out of it and not worry. :3gears:lol

-Mar

Would you call a Mr. Norm's Dart GSS 440 a "clone"? It was a legitimate offering from a Chrysler dealership. Same with Shelby Mustangs, Yenko Camaros, and many other dealer offerings. Are Hurst cars themselves "clones", as long as we are going down THAT road??? To me, a dealer-installed option IS factory, whether it be a heater, radio, or a Hemi. The 300 Hurst ragtop with the Hemi is a dealer-modified Chrysler 300 Hurst ragtop. For that matter, is ANY sunroof-equipped car "factory"??? They were all done by ASC, and off the Chrysler assembly line.

so lemme take your comment one step further, Patrick...was a Daytona/Superbird not a factory car then??

I happen to think so.

67 68 Yenko's went to Don Yenko's dealership with I think 327s then he installed 427s but 69s were just COPOS that he slapped on some Yenko badging.

Yenko used the Central Office Production Order to liberate the cars through a loop hole as GM had a stipulation that anything over 400 CI could not be installed in anything less then a midsize (GM considered the Nova a compact remember, as it shared some components with Camaro's). By ordering through Central Office, they were able to have delivered to Yenko Chevrolet, 427 Nova's that were factory.

Sorry guys, Hate to be the Chevy guy who showed up to the Hurst 300 rag fight.

Nick

Yenko used the Central Office Production Order to liberate the cars through a loop hole as GM had a stipulation that anything over 400 CI could not be installed in anything less then a midsize (GM considered the Nova a compact remember, as it shared some components with Camaro's). By ordering through Central Office, they were able to have delivered to Yenko Chevrolet, 427 Nova's that were factory.

Sorry guys, Hate to be the Chevy guy who showed up to the Hurst 300 rag fight.

Nick
Great info there even if it is about Chevy's lol.

I had ah chat this A.M. with the keeper of the archives for the 300 club Int.Inc. and was informed that as of 1974 the owner of the Linda Vaughn car at that time had a letter from the Hurst corporation including the vin.# documenting that the car was indeed the car that was manufactured by the Chrysler corporation and made the property of the Hurst corporation to be used as a promotional vehicle for the Chrysler 300 Hurst automobiles. It is also known that Steve McCloud purchased the car from the estate of that same 1974 owner but at a some what later date. I think knowing Steve and that He knew of that letter, I would doubt he would have purchased the car without the letter transferring to him with the title. Is that letter part of the sale of the 300 Hurst Convertible now currently on E-Bay. Knowing of the letters existence would any of us buy the car without that letter? Happy Trailz Y'all, Jer

If I had that kind of cash to consider it with or without a letter I would do it. After all, it's a convertible

I met and talked with Steve McClowd and even sat in that car back in the mid '80s. He said at the time IF and WHEN he ever sold the Hurst it would be advertised in the NY Times. He'd dropped hiz membership in the 300 int. Inc. years ago and He obviously iz no longer among the living which iz newz to me and I suspect most that did know him. I Can't believe hiz family haz chosen Evil-Bay az a marketing tool for the Linda Vaughn car. Aw well, better then the BJ auction for sure! RIP Steve, and God Speed, Jer

I bought my 65 300L 4 speed from Steve in 1988. He had 2 of them, my Turquoise and a red one.
I remember the funky shifter in the Hurst. Thought it was a manual!
Also saw the Black oneand the 55 300 number 1
The 300club would not support Steve's claims on either car.
He got pissed and abandoned the club with myself and Bob Dupin for a while. Bob and I wimped out and re=upped with the club. Steve didn't. He wanted the club to help restore the very first 55 C300. The club let him down in my opinion. it was in real bad shape, but you would think they would be interested in #1!.
Always wondered what happened to that other L 4 speed.
I usually rail against over pricing, but in my opinion this car is worth WAY more than any hemi challenger that is supposed to be 1 of 5,etc. Find 10 of them for sale!! wonder how many had vin tags made up to support their claims!
one mans opinion!

I bought my 65 300L 4 speed from Steve in 1988. He had 2 of them, my Turquoise and a red one.
Also saw the Black oneand the 55 300 number 1
The 300club would not support Steve's claims on either car.
He got pissed and abandoned the club with myself and Bob Dupin for a while. Bob and I wimped out and re=upped with the club. Steve didn't. He wanted the club to help restore the very first 55 C300. The club let him down in my opinion. it was in real bad shape, but you would think they would be interested in #1!.
Always wondered what happened to that other L 4 speed.
I usually rail against over pricing, but in my opinion this car is worth WAY more than any hemi challenger that is supposed to be 1 of 5,etc. Find 10 of them for sale!! wonder how many had vin tags made up to support their claims!
one mans opinion!

The first production letter car the 55 300C 1000001 will be on offer soon.

In my humble opinion the 300 club doesn't support their members or the marque like they ought to.

Tdemkler. Are you a current member of the club? I had a "D" ah Ram "K" and ah Hurst when I learned what King George waz really like. Sold 'um all and dumped serious $ into making the Batwagon a generic '61 300 just to get hiz jawz tight and It worked so well. He wouldn't talk to me or come near the car when he saw it. I'm still laughing and holding my bladder 'til I find out where he's planted

The car made the Yahoo news feed. I'd say mission accomplished for advertising.

!

I always thought putting a Hurst console shifter in any of the 300 Hursts would have been the right Thing to do in the first place.

That shifter was the original Auto Stick. I've only ever seen one. The idea was to look like a regular floor shift.

I don't think it was on the market for more than a year or two.

$_12.jpg

Just had to look the pic up, I thought it had a regular console with something like the Hurst dual gate shifter, but it hasn't.
Too plain for the 300 just sticking out the floor IMHO.

$_12.jpg

A story I got from Bob Dupin's brother inlaw is that Bobby and Steve did a repaint on the Hurst at one time. That accounts for the change in decal and location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back