NOT MINE 1970 300 Hurst convertible tribute on eBay - Not mine!

see2xu

Reaction score
1970 Chrysler 300 Series | eBay

Anybody on this? I had a friend who lives nearby go by to look at the car, says it's called accurately, Interior a bit tired. But, a motivated seller. I'm wrestling with it, would like to help the dude out - if it attracts any other members' fancy, reach out to "Tim". I'll make a decision by tomorrow night, for sure, but if I'm scooped, no harm.

1970 Chrysler 300 Series | eBay

I had a friend who lives nearby go by to look at the car, says it's called accurately
Did your friend get the VIN (CM27T0C106747) and -- better yet -- the fender tag? The car was previously B3 and mentioned on Barn Finds in September:

Hurst Tribute: 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

The car was discussed in a thread I started in Sept. of this year here.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16003.jpg

s-l16004.jpg

s-l16006.jpg

s-l16007.jpg

s-l16008.jpg

s-l16009.jpg

Last edited:
No, the seller's come WAY off his Craigslist price. I just wanted to verify the description, and my pal just happens to live a few miles from where the car is stored. Not a heavy duty collector or Mopar aficianado, just a mechanically knowledgeable and reliable guy.

Disclaimer - I have no connection to the seller or the car...worked in Portland, across the river, most of the oughties, and the fellow who went to look at it is a retired colleague. I've been in Greensboro, NC, for twelve years since I retired, have no connection to "Tim". Thought someone else might like to grab it, given the urgency and attractive pricing, if I opt out.

Nice looking until I saw the trunk wing.
Yeah, that's a minus, for sure. I think the correct ones were fiberglass. No idea where he got the hood, which IS correct, he assures me, and looks the part.

This one has been around for awhile. The hood came off of a rear-ended Hurst car, thus the lack of a correct trunk. Not a bad tribute, except for the Go Wing of course, but that can be swapped out easily enough. Finding the correct fiberglass trunk and quarter extenders might be challenging. Without the fender tag info it is impossible to tell if that is a U code or not, but based on the blue valve covers I'd say standard T code. Any rust repair? I'd be leery of rust repair from the 1990's, I've seen my share of pop-riveted-bondo-over-rusty-metal and it's a nightmare. The lower quarters on this one seem a bit bubbly. More importantly, get in the trunk with a light and look up under the dutch panel and at the water diverter where the roof bolts onto. Prone to bad rust and often overlooked.

IMHO the asking price is a bit high for what it is. If it is a clean driver, it might be worth half the asking price provided those lower quarters don't start shedding and the dutch panel is still solid.

If a member here buys it and wants the correct trunk lid and extensions let me know. I know a guy... :thumbsup:

Back