image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Removed from 70 300. Power drivers side. Head rests,buddy seat. Plastics are in good condition. They are weathered but complete. Are cores for rebuilding.
Local pickup only. $250 Located in Northern California 95407.

I know those seats look a little rough, but for anyone looking for the power base, plastic sides with the trim and brackets, backs, switch with brackets, etc. , that's a really good deal. Those switches and the side trim for the plastic are hard to come by.

Apart from this sale, which I agree is a good deal, new reproduction seat side shields and seat back covers are available from ABC Moparts. The stainless trim on them, however, is not. The reproduction side shields/seat backs are made of heavier duty fiberglass I believe and are much more sturdy than the original thin plastic ones.

Exactly!!! and that switch is 70/71 c body bucket seat only.

Yep, but not cheap.

You said the original side trim etc. is hard to come by so I just wanted to let folks know that at least new reproduction is available (minus the trim). The driver seat side shield is missing in this sale, so I am just letting folks know that reproductions are available in case they may not know.

Bob Baker at ABC Moparts is doing us a big favor in my view by reproducing these low volume C body reproduction parts that many of us who want like new restorations need. While his parts are not cheap, I do not think his parts prices are high either given the quality of his reproductions and the low volumes involved. He is not making much money for all the efforts but is an invaluable source of these parts to many of us.

You said the original side trim etc. is hard to come by so I just wanted to let folks know that at least new reproduction is available (minus the trim). The driver seat side shield is missing in this sale, so I am just letting folks know that reproductions are available in case they may not know.

Bob Baker at ABC Moparts is doing us a big favor in my view by reproducing these low volume C body reproduction parts that many of us who want like new restorations need. While his parts are not cheap, I do not think his parts prices are high either given the quality of his reproductions and the low volumes involved. He is not making much money for all the efforts but is an invaluable source of these parts to many of us.

Definitely worth the prices. While not peanuts I don't think his pieces are over the top. Especially when originals aren't available at any price.

Misspoke on that... Meant the stainless trim. Left that word out.

No, his prices are in line with the quality and by no means am I bashing him.

However, these are original parts and if in good shape, to me, that's a real bonus. Given that they are at a good price, another bonus.

You and I are usually on the same page when it comes to these cars, but I really like to use original parts when I can. My 300 has no repop plastic seat parts. A couple have been glued back together, and they've all be painted, but it looks good and IMHO, it follows the hobby to restore when possible. It helps that the guy I bought the car from handed me a stack of the stuff and said "knock yourself out".

Again, not bashing Bob, I have talked to him in person and he's a great guy doing a great service to the hobby.

Misspoke on that... Meant the stainless trim. Left that word out.

No, his prices are in line with the quality and by no means am I bashing him.

However, these are original parts and if in good shape, to me, that's a real bonus. Given that they are at a good price, another bonus.

You and I are usually on the same page when it comes to these cars, but I really like to use original parts when I can. My 300 has no repop plastic seat parts. A couple have been glued back together, and they've all be painted, but it looks good and IMHO, it follows the hobby to restore when possible. It helps that the guy I bought the car from handed me a stack of the stuff and said "knock yourself out".

Again, not bashing Bob, I have talked to him in person and he's a great guy doing a great service to the hobby.

Understood John - thanks.

I guess we do differ a bit then as I do have some of the original plastic side pieces and seat backs that are still useable, but I will not use them because I don't want to have to think about being real careful when I sit down to not accidently wreck one of them again. Some of my seatbacks have maybe one hole pulled through and I could still use it and so on........but most of what I have left is very brittle after all these years and I want my restored cars to go the distance without issues - so I will always use Bob's reproductions because they are much more sturdy than original and will look perfect for years to come and can take some unintended abuse. I don't see either one of as "wrong" though. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Exactly!!! and that switch is 70/71 c body bucket seat only.

Just a slight correction here, as I believe that power seat switch that is part of the sale was also used on 1969 model bucket seats but it was for sure not used for the 1971 models. The 71 models used a different switch and lower bucket side shield from the 1969 and 1970 models.

Last edited:
Just a slight correction here, as I believe that power seat switch that is part of the sale was also used on 1969 model bucket seats but it was for sure not used for the 1971 models. The 71 models used a different switch and lower bucket side shield from the 1969 and 1970 models.
It's been a tough week, so I'm off my game, but yep, 69 and 70, not 71.

That power seat switch looks like the same switch in my 72 Imperial.

I'm having a car shipped to Dematts shop in Michigan from California. Can arrange shipping inside car if anybody is interested?

That power seat switch looks like the same switch in my 72 Imperial.

Assuming the bucket seats in your 1972 Imperial are correct for the car, then the switch/bezel assembly is not the same as the one in this post for a 1970 model (the switch itself is the same - it is the bezels that are different).

Given the angle of the photo in the listing, they appear similar but the one in the photo at the beginning of this thread will not mount up to a 1971 -2 and probably 3 model fuselage C body bucket seat.

Thanks for the clarification. IMO, the curved bezel should've been continued past 69/70 models. They'd look better on the bucket seat panel.
Seats done 3.jpg

Thanks for the clarification. IMO, the curved bezel should've been continued past 69/70 models. They'd look better on the bucket seat panel.
View attachment 426568

Perhaps they do look better but the early ones were easily broken given how far forward they went and as high as they were positioned. Nice seats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back