For Sale 1970 chrysler 300 conv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the passenger side mirror correct on the 300? Looks different than the drivers.
Also noticed the steering wheel is wrapped in leather.
The more I look at this car the more I notice.

The right side mirror might be OK, as the photo isn't that clear. The wrapped steering wheel almost invariably signals a badly cracked steering wheel.

Regarding your new avatar, have you been binge watching Twilight Zone?
Since they did a Twilight Zone Marathon on New Years Day, the local facebook group has been talking about Syracuse native, Rod Serling. One of my favorite episodes is "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" and one thing lead to another....

Since they did a Twilight Zone Marathon on New Years Day, the local facebook group has been talking about Syracuse native, Rod Serling. One of my favorite episodes is "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" and one thing lead to another....

That's the one I remember the most.

will need some metal and suspension work."
A Buffalo car with fresh paint...
X5622.png

It is a car which needs personal inspection or a huge amount of close up pictures.
If you want a perfect car: run away

If you want a beater vert you can use as a daily driver without worrying: It could be a decent solution.

Carsten

These were the first Thing I also noticed. Gernerally a Good Thing as it probably got some early rust proofing in the closed Body sections.

The right side mirror might be OK, as the photo isn't that clear.
Pulled these pics from dealer webpage...
I'm thinking the passenger mirror is a add-on aftermarket. No?
70 vert mirror.jpg

Aren't the spare tires supposed to be fastened on the right side on trunk floor on convertibles? Wonder if the floor is shot and covered up with the new carpet.
Also noticed the Dutchman panel in this pic doesn't show any seams. I would say that is the 2nd indicator, along with the boot trim snaps that this panel has gotten filler work done to it.
70 vert trunk.jpg

Pulled these pics from dealer webpage...
I'm thinking the passenger mirror is a add-on aftermarket. No?
View attachment 161749

Aren't the spare tires supposed to be fastened on the right side on trunk floor on convertibles? Wonder if the floor is shot and covered up with the new carpet.
Also noticed the Dutchman panel in this pic doesn't show any seams. I would say that is the 2nd indicator, along with the boot trim snaps that this panel has gotten filler work done to it.
View attachment 161750
Mirror is wrong. Spare tire placement will shatter the rear window if you put the top down. No-seam dutchman's panel is correct. For some reason convertibles came from the factory with leaded seams that always cracked with time and body flex.

This is a question that has come up before. Some say that AC cars only had one vent for the passenger, and in fact I have seen one vent controllers for sale on ebay. On the other hand, all three of my AC cars have had two vents.
My car has AC and two vents. I don't recall ever seeing just one.

My '69 300 had autotemp and vents on driver and passenger sides, and the controllers for each in the dash

My '69 300 had autotemp and vents on driver and passenger sides, and the controllers for each in the dash

We are talking fresh air vents that allow air in through the kick panel area, not the dash vents that also can allow in fresh air. The autotemp controller is big enough that it would block any air coming in through the kick panel vent.

Don't know what happed to that one. Superior also had this one for sale many years ago now, maybe as long as 10 years ago, and I still kick myself for letting it get away..........

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

1971 Chrysler 300 Light Blue Interior.jpg
1971 Chrysler 300 Light Blue Rear Quarter View.jpg
1971 Chrysler 300 Light Blue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back