For Sale 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible - Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
This listing on Ebay looks like a familiar car from the past, but not sure. In any case, appears to be a low option car except for console and tilt/tele wheel - who knows? Seller, a dealer, wants you to call since he doesn't say anything useful in the listing and the photos tell you almost nothing except for what the exterior looks like. No underhood shots, little of the interior shows, etc. But what can you expect from a New York car dealer who is asking top dollar for a car with little information to sell it? And I doubt New York looks like that this time of the year.............

1970 Chrysler 300 Series -- | eBay

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

You can also expect that the headlight door motor doesn't work at least. He couldn't even place them in the closed position manually I guess. The little effort on the dealer's part is a real turnoff. He has a positive feedback rating of 80%, but the listing text at the bottom says it is 100%. Uh huh.

Last edited:
That 300 has been listed a couple of times before on Ebay - for the same price. I want to say the last time it was listed, the location of the vehicle was Wash DC, but I could be mistaken.

Washington DC plates.

There's a truck in the background with NY State plates on it and possibly another car with NYS plates too, but I wouldn't expect to see that much green in pictures now, even down in that area.

Car looks nice though. Top has obviously been replaced and I like the color better than the standard black or white. I always take a look at the trim around the rear wheels first and that seems to be a pretty good telltale about the body condition. I think the price is a little optimistic, but then again, given the location and condition, he might get it.

Nice color combo on a nice looking car. $23 950 at the end of the sale, and "not sold". Sold outside of eBay, then? For how much?

Nice car but it would need to be a top notch restored #1 car to fetch that price. From the pics it is not that. Road wheels would finish the car.

Nice car but it would need to be a top notch restored #1 car to fetch that price. From the pics it is not that. Road wheels would finish the car.

So many nice cars ordered with full wheel covers and yet you can see the owners intent was to have a looker

So many nice cars ordered with full wheel covers and yet you can see the owners intent was to have a looker

Yes, but that was the look. I remember my Dad telling me "Why put those wheels on your car when you have these really nice hub caps?" To guys that grew up with cars that had spokes, hub caps were a huge deal.

By 1970 most of the makers had a sport or dress wheel. By 1970 wheel covers had lost their art form that had peaked in the 50s. We always say the wheels make the car. My blue 71 was ordered to look classy, wheel covers do not do it justice.

Yes, has been for sale for that price (or a similar price) for some time now.
Terrible pics - sides of that car could be battered by hammers and the shadows would hide it.
This car is not being marketed to us, nor to anyone that asks questions to know what they are buying, or what a suitable price would be.

Seller has all of their auctions set to private -
I won an auction a maybe a year ago from a dishonest person that also does the private thing. I suspect people like that want privacy to prevent people from investigating feedbacks, maybe to see if an item has been sold repeatedly, via the use of shill bidders who then go too far in the shilling, or if a neg-feedback item is being re-offered to explain the truth of an item's condition. I am generally trusting of people, but because ebay now hides all bidders/winner names from public display, I presume there's gotta be some reason why some people do private auctions, and logically it is for some advantage to their selling style - not for bidders or passers-by. It is probably to prevent people from verifying a bad feedback to a recently-listed auction that has been relisted.

Yes, but that was the look. I remember my Dad telling me "Why put those wheels on your car when you have these really nice hub caps?" To guys that grew up with cars that had spokes, hub caps were a huge deal.

I love the look of most original "WHEEL COVERS" over any aftermarket wheels. I marvel at how they were produced in such detail and volumn. The 1970 and beyond road wheels are an exception. Beautiful and well balanced on a C body.

I love the look of most original "WHEEL COVERS" over any aftermarket wheels. I marvel at how they were produced in such detail and volumn. The 1970 and beyond road wheels are an exception. Beautiful and well balanced on a C body.
OK.... Wheel Covers... LOL.

The price for CM21T0C184840 is down to $19.9k; same eBay seller:

1970 300 Series -- | eBay

Same pics as before, so still no photos of the car's left side, its engine, or its trunk:

201710220626-CM21T0C184840-5.jpg

201710220626-CM21T0C184840-12.jpg

201710220626-CM21T0C184840-6.jpg

201710220626-CM21T0C184840-2.jpg

201710220626-CM21T0C184840-1.jpg

The color change kills the “value” here.

It’s not an original TX9 car, and that’s not helping the sale.

How do you know it’s a color change?

I read that too (color change), in one of the earlier attempt to sell... and apart from that, were there ever any TX9 with tan interior from the factory?

The 300 looks amazing in black, but with tan interior.. ehhh... :stop:

I read that too (color change), in one of the earlier attempt to sell... and apart from that, were there ever any TX9 with tan interior from the factory?

The 300 looks amazing in black, but with tan interior.. ehhh... :stop:

• I think it's a good combo, anything goes with black, right? And in an attempt to answer your question, it wasn't a 300, however the super stripper '70 Newport convertible for sale a couple/few years ago was factory black with tan/saddle interior, no power steering, power brakes, power windows, anything. What I want to see is a factory black car with white interior!

• I think it's a good combo, anything goes with black, right? And in an attempt to answer your question, it wasn't a 300, however the super stripper '70 Newport convertible for sale a couple/few years ago was factory black with tan/saddle interior, no power steering, power brakes, power windows, anything. What I want to see is a factory black car with white interior!

I was thinking of doing the 70 in black and gold like the Shelby Hertz cars and interior in white. It came with legendary white interior seat covers. The car is not real , so thought's on that with the Hurst white and tan or the black and gold with white interior? Thanks
20171123_142501.jpg
untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back