SOLD 1970 CHRYSLER 300-H HURST SURVIVOR 9K ORIGINAL MILES

Status
Not open for further replies.
-ALL ORIGINAL SURVIVOR

Nit-picking it might be, but when I see that claim I don't want to see add-ons that are not factory. What's with the siren, the valve and nobs under the hood, and the addition under the dash? These are not factory so it is not "All Original."

And, it's a 300-Hurst, not a 300-H Hurst. One of my peeves.
There are a couple schools of thought about that.

Part of the history of the car is the addition of a few add ons. IMHO, the question is always if you should leave some of the history of the car intact or should you remove them. With a low mileage "survivor", it's a tough call. Again, IMHO, those particular add ons aren't anything that detract from the value as they can easily be removed... Or they can be left in place as a testament to the original owner and the car's history.

Actually, leaving them in place "as found" lets the next owner make that decision.

[QUOTE="Big_John, post: 851394, member: 2054"

Actually, leaving them in place "as found" lets the next owner make that decision.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with that thought .... I've said it time and time again.

And, it's a 300-Hurst, not a 300-H Hurst. One of my peeves.

Just to be accurate, the car is a 1970 Chrysler 300-H. Not a 300-Hurst. It states exactly that in the Hurst booklet. The “H” stands for “Hurst”, but the car is a ‘70 300-H. Press release says so too.

Most people know them as 300-Hursts though, which is fine. But the model is a 300-H.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back