NOT MINE 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst - $17,999 - Chico, California

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
At the time of posting, this CL listing is 1 day old.

1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst - $17,999 - Chico, California

CL Description

Relocating and need to sell this summer. As-is, cash only sale.
1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst
440 V8
runs reliably, complete car, smooth drive, minimal leaks
All features work, including dash components, lights, original stock auto-tuning FM stereo, etc.
Minimal body rust.
Complete leather interior in quite good condition for a car this age. Stored covered or under a car cover much of the vehicles life.
This spring I replaced most vacuum hoses, seals, and rear window seal. No cab leaks any longer that I'm aware of.
*A/C compressor and condenser have been been removed from the vehicle, but the system is also complete.
*New full size spare
Brief history: Purchased vehicle in Seattle in 2014 where it had been stored briefly after being relocated from Michigan.
00h0h_ajO68qyUmW1z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00909_jUwva3csu63z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00202_9JPMHO6RRtLz_0ew081_1200x900.jpg
00808_9DqWj5JCDFlz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00I0I_2TX08r5EikQz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00r0r_cseWGcvzU4Tz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00z0z_4NMm5QPhQBGz_0ew07E_1200x900.jpg
00z0z_hlsBemThUTtz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00u0u_iVsGN3Bvi56z_09K0co_1200x900.jpg
00202_cUau78LkDx0z_0aD0co_1200x900.jpg

@Snotty , do you know this car?
No I don't. Not aware of it at all. I see why you are asking.

I can try to go see it if you'd like. I'm heading on a two week camping trip on Monday but I could try to see it before that. Let me know.

No I don't. Not aware of it at all. I see why you are asking.

I can try to go see it if you'd like. I'm heading on a two week camping trip on Monday but I could try to see it before that. Let me know.
I am not a player, but was just curious if you had any knowledge of this one.

The price is actually too good to be true.
The interior and the paint above look very good. But I wonder what is hidden in the trunk and on the chassis. The place under the Pentastar doesn’t suggest anything good, as does the front and rear valence.
It remains exciting ...

The Hurst doesn't look bad on the surface, and is priced reasonably IMO compared to the other ones.
The fiberglass on the deck lid doesn't look to have separated yet, the buckets look like they're still in tact. At least they aren't ripped up, and may just need to have the seams re-stitched, which would be a lot cheaper than buying new covers from Legendary. Those front & rear valances can be found pretty easy doing an internet search. All in all it looks like a complete car. Too bad no engine pics were posted in the ad.
If I was in the market, I'd be talking to the seller.

Looked again; it's missing all of the lower trim on the passenger side. Could be difficult to find.

Looked again; it's missing all of the lower trim on the passenger side. Could be difficult to find.

There was a set of 1970 300 rocker mouldings at Carlisle this year. I think the asking price was $125. They had some scrapes, but didn't look terrible.

There was also an NOS front valence, but no price tags on that seller's stuff.

Jeff

There was a set of 1970 300 rocker mouldings at Carlisle this year. I think the asking price was $125. They had some scrapes, but didn't look terrible.

Jeff

Damn!

Jeff
I would have picked that up had I seen it. I couldn't do too much walking this year, I should have gotten that scooter.

I was in bad shape towards the end of the day. I almost called my wife to pick me up on the show field, LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
For years I wanted one of these but after joining this forum they have lost their appeal.

Alan

I would have picked that up had I seen it. I couldn't do too much walking this year, I should have gotten that scooter.

Those sightings were made before lunch on Friday. I have no idea if any of that sold, and if so, when.

That was the first set of '70 300 rocker trim that I recall seeing in a long time.

Jeff

The license plate sequence number suggests it was plated for the first time in California within the last 6 months. I am not sure what that implies but a car having spent 44 years in Michigan with just over 100K miles on it, the listing should show clearly some photos of the underside in some detail so as to evaluate the real overall condition of it. Also, missing the lower sill molding suggests possible repairs there and elsewhere. It clearly has been stored inside most of its existence but while doing so I wonder whether the salt still kept eating away at the underside.

The top side fiberglass panels certainly do look really good and the interior is way above average, especially for having just rolled over according to the odomter. There isn't even a hint of a bulge in the center of the decklid like most of these have by now, so it hasn't seen much sun and/or the torsions bars for that decklid were released from their slots completely, thereby providing no assist for the decklid.

Back