For Sale 1970 Chrysler 300 Hurst Rotesserie Restored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's my brother in laws hurst. He and I both have one. He didn't restore it, but the dealer added the air in 1970. The car was restored correctly from top to bottom. I know one thing, it works and looks cool. He would've loved to buy a console shift hurst, he just can't go to the Chrysler dealer and order one.
Thank you. My OCD requires the car to be as produced to be considered a restoration. Otherwise, it's restored with modifications. IMO.

Well it's my brother in laws hurst. He and I both have one. He didn't restore it, but the dealer added the air in 1970. The car was restored correctly from top to bottom. I know one thing, it works and looks cool. He would've loved to buy a console shift hurst, he just can't go to the Chrysler dealer and order one.

Would you be able to post the letter from Chrysler about it being a Canadian car?

Dave

The car looks great. It is one of the better examples I've seen posted here. I really like it.

The dealer installed A/C is always some debate of "as built" versus "as delivered". Personally, I'm a day 2 kinda guy that likes seeing cars as they were driven when they were "almost new".

Bid at $18k now.

The car looks great. It is one of the better examples I've seen posted here. I really like it.

The dealer installed A/C is always some debate of "as built" versus "as delivered". Personally, I'm a day 2 kinda guy that likes seeing cars as they were driven when they were "almost new".

Bid at $18k now.

I agree with you on that one

Car did under go a serious restoration. Found this picture from last time it was on ebay. The interior then was real rough

DSC01948s.jpg

Are you saying that a non ac with bench seat Hurst car isn't worth restoring?:wtf:

Doing an extensive and expensive rotesserie restoration would merit getting the best example available given the money you will spend and considering what you might get for the car when trying to sell it. But then if sentiment is involved, then it won't matter. Only when and if he ever wants to sell it. Apart from sentiment, I would never restore one without at least a/c - but that is just me. To others they would prefer non-a/c as we all know. But add on a/c, apart from the circumstances in this sale, would never happen with me. But again, that is just me.

Interesting where the trunk light is, I've never noticed that before. Must be because of the position of the trunk release mechanism. One pet peeve, and I mean this as no disrespect to a well-done restoration, are the incorrect side view mirrors, and the speakers mounted into the kick panels. Ok, two pet peeves, but again that's just my OCD baggage.

My Hurst has round side view mirrors. I don't think those are wrong.
Interesting where the trunk light is, I've never noticed that before. Must be because of the position of the trunk release mechanism. One pet peeve, and I mean this as no disrespect to a well-done restoration, are the incorrect side view mirrors, and the speakers mounted into the kick panels. Ok, two pet peeves, but again that's just my OCD baggage.

It's a great looking job, and more accurate to delivery apparently than the black fury vert was.

Doing an extensive and expensive rotesserie restoration would merit getting the best example available given the money you will spend and considering what you might get for the car when trying to sell it. But then if sentiment is involved, then it won't matter. Only when and if he ever wants to sell it. Apart from sentiment, I would never restore one without at least a/c - but that is just me. To others they would prefer non-a/c as we all know. But add on a/c, apart from the circumstances in this sale, would never happen with me. But again, that is just me.

Final price will be interesting. As a comparison I know a nuts and bolt restoration of a 1966 F100 would be close to 20K and that doesn't include painting which could be another 15K. Someone on my truck forum has done three of them and will no longer do them anymore as nothing was made on the three he did. Could say a loss based on time expended at a minimum.

IMG_5085.PNG
That's a beautiful car and seems to be done correctly, the only thing that I can see missing on it, for being a rotisserie restoration, is the v shaped rubber strip that attaches to the bottom of the hood and seals down to the radiator support to keep out water out of the engine compartment when driving. The holes are in the hood support braces showing the location but maybe it was forgotten

Should the inner quarters be white or Black ?

The inner quarters, the trunk floor extensions, the wheelhouse panels and the spare tire mount and surrounding surfaces should be the correct 1970 trunk splatter paint, which I think is dark with grey or aqua flecks in it, at least that is what was in my '71 GT. Someone who has an unrestored car can help by posting a better photo. The factory application was not neat and was fast. They got in there with the spray gun, hit the inside of the quarter panels etc. letting overspray go wherever with no set pattern. The splatter paint was put on after the color coat. Eastwood and others carry it;

Eastwood Company : Search Results for trunk splatter paint

Trunk Right.jpg

Thank Bill, It was a rhetorical question really but then again, the Hurst editions may be different. My 70 pictured below

s-l1600.jpg
187134 2004  trunk  pan spare tire hold down.jpg

View attachment 129659 That's a beautiful car and seems to be done correctly, the only thing that I can see missing on it, for being a rotisserie restoration, is the v shaped rubber strip that attaches to the bottom of the hood and seals down to the radiator support to keep out water out of the engine compartment when driving. The holes are in the hood support braces showing the location but maybe it was forgotten

I see several nit picky things that would bother me as a restoration. Which is why I like " Restofied "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back