For Sale 1970 Chrysler Imperial Crown 4 Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdk2010

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Im...a98e4b582&item=251673228674&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Another disillusioned seller... 22k buy it now price. nice interior though.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

This can has never seen a winter on the road. always kept in the garage and well maintained. It was my Grandmothers car so it never was driven much. Runs great and no rust on the body.

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):YL43T0C116827Year:1970
Number of Cylinders:8
Make:Chrysler
Transmission:Automatic
Model:Imperial
Warranty:Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Trim:4 DOOR
Vehicle Title:Clear
Engine:400 OR 440
Power Options:Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Seats
Drive Type:RWD
Fuel Type:Gasoline
Mileage:15,985
For Sale By:Private Seller
Exterior Color:Blue
Body Type:4 Door
Interior Color:Blue

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

He doesn't even know what engine it has.

I love 4 doors, but don't understand seller's price policy... Maybe he loves more doors a way more than I do.:yaayy:

Trying to hit the jackpot with his Grandma's Imperial. He's going to know how silly the asking price is in about 5 days and 9 hours.

That looks like to me the "Old Barn Find that Grandma drove to church on Sunday" car for sale ad. :eek:s_dancing2:

There's been a rash of old C bodies for sale locally. Most of the ad's have been over priced by 4 times what the car is worth, and some of the ad's say when fixed up there worth 60,000-100,000 for a 4 door 318 car. There's a plain Jane 68 polara 4 door 318 car for sale right now. There asking 6,000, and they say Richard from gas monkey would buy it from you for 12,000.......... I guess the tv shows of car flipping, and auction houses have tarnished there minds thinking these cars selling are there retirement funds...........

HATE this hobby sometimes.
Absolutely hate it...

Posted via Topify on Android

Don't.

Concentrate what you are doing with your own cars and keep just one eye on what others are doing with theirs... And this one eye is better to be half closed.

You'll be happier that way...

Kind of a weird ad. Did his grandma only drive the car an average of 136 miles per year over its 44 year age? Odometer shows about 6K miles and the listing shows some 16K miles - how does that happen? I wonder whether the Autotemp 1 system really could still be working after all that time, but the car "runs great". Grandma must have frozen if she took it out on a winter day with an old Autotemp 1 system. Probably never did take it out except on sunny days, and then very few of them.......................

I wonder whether the Autotemp 1 system really could still be working after all that time, but the car "runs great". Grandma must have frozen if she took it out on a winter day with an old Autotemp 1 system.

What's wrong with the autotemp 1 on cold days?

I'm sooooooooo glad mine still works (knocking on a huge piece of wood). Sounds like an absolute nightmare to work on/try to fix Autotemp a/c systems.

Jeeez, nice driver...not 22k nice.

He must think he's at Carlisle selling that Imp! LOL!!!

There's been a rash of old C bodies for sale locally. Most of the ad's have been over priced by 4 times what the car is worth, and some of the ad's say when fixed up there worth 60,000-100,000 for a 4 door 318 car. There's a plain Jane 68 polara 4 door 318 car for sale right now. There asking 6,000, and they say Richard from gas monkey would buy it from you for 12,000.......... I guess the tv shows of car flipping, and auction houses have tarnished there minds thinking these cars selling are there retirement funds...........
I think you nailed it right on the head. I think this guys been looking at all the "on-line flipper" classic auto dealerships.

The interior is mint!!! Love it...but not enough for 22k. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back