For Sale 1970 Dodge Monaco 440 car, not mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad’s 70 Coronet 500 had that exact color combo. Great color with the Gator Grain. The interior was sweet with the woodgrain dash and door panels. Still looking for pics of that car!

A Gator top would cost a ton for this car. If you can find the material anymore.

This is the new Facebook ad:

Ok so I posted pics of my Monoco 500 a week ago or so, seemed easier to start over with my dilemma. I either have to paint and fix this car up or sell it. I have three other cars to do and things get overwhelming, with customer cars as well.
If I sell it, it will be 9k, the car runs and drives, factory early build promo car, loaded, TONS of NOS and new stuff with it-grill, taillites, lenses, gator grain top, seat upholstery and carpet, side trim etc. . If I go ahead and paint it, I will be selling all of the side trims, as that is not my bag, man. Let me know what you cats think.

Its part of this Dodge Polara/Monaco Group on Facebook:

Dodge Polara/Monaco Owners

Dave

From the VIN (replace xx by 59 in Carsten’s post), it seems the car belonged to a member here back in 2014:

New guy from Nevada

The dates match, i.e., the same person owned it for 7 years before selling it to the current owner in late 2016 or so.

Ok so I posted pics of my Monoco 500 a week ago or so, seemed easier to start over with my dilemma. I either have to paint and fix this car up or sell it. I have three other cars to do and things get overwhelming, with customer cars as well.
If I sell it, it will be 9k, the car runs and drives, factory early build promo car, loaded, TONS of NOS and new stuff with it-grill, taillites, lenses, gator grain top, seat upholstery and carpet, side trim etc. . If I go ahead and paint it, I will be selling all of the side trims, as that is not my bag, man. Let me know what you cats think.

Its part of this Dodge Polara/Monaco Group on Facebook:

Dodge Polara/Monaco Owners

Dave
WTF, I belong to three Mopar groups already, I have to join this one too just to see it?

:bs_flag:

I don' t see contact information posted here

check my original post.
Down in the bottom I mentioned the sellers name.
You have to be on fuckface to search for him and to sent him a personal message

Yeah, we're passed that. Besides, a name isn't contact information. I realize that is how they do it there but, it still isn't contact information.

Yeah, we're passed that. Besides, a name isn't contact information. I realize that is how they do it there but, it still isn't contact information.

There is no contact info in the ad to share Dave....just his name. I can ask him for an email address.

Dave

Dave

good info. i have personally bailed on Facebook so I cant see whats going on there, nor contact the person named.

$9K feels a little "tall" for me .. but I could see somebody going there perhaps. They'd have a unique, desirable car for sure.

For me, with all the NOS stuff, plus if the roof is correct grain, and then given I have to pay somebody to put it together and $1K or so to get it transported, I'd do $6500 sight unseen (taking into account ALL the documentation here on this car).

It would be $7500 if I got it inspected (or if somebody here has laid eyes on it recently) and confirmed its condition TODAY is unchanged from couple years ago.

if it was a couple hundred miles away from , i'd take $8500 cash with me and, if a deal could be made, go get it myself.

Anyway, nice car. hope another member winds up with it and shows it off here one day soon :)

good info. i have personally bailed on Facebook so I cant see whats going on there, nor contact the person named.

$9K feels a little "tall" for me .. but I could see somebody going there perhaps. They'd have a unique, desirable car for sure.

For me, with all the NOS stuff, plus if the roof is correct grain, and then given I have to pay somebody to put it together and $1K or so to get it transported, I'd do $6500 sight unseen (taking into account ALL the documentation here on this car).

It would be $7500 if I got it inspected (or if somebody here has laid eyes on it recently) and confirmed its condition TODAY is unchanged from couple years ago.

if it was a couple hundred miles away from , i'd take $8500 cash with me and, if a deal could be made, go get it myself.

Anyway, nice car. hope another member winds up with it and shows it off here one day soon :)

Interesting, my head was in the 6500 7000 range too, regardless of shipping. I don't like it when they say firm .... i smell arrogance then.

Interesting, my head was in the 6500 7000 range too, regardless of shipping. I don't like it when they say firm .... i smell arrogance then.

on the shipping, i try to be fair with people. it isnt THEIR fault where their car is versus where I am.

But if i can keep the shipping cost down tho, and i otherwise like the car, i tend to UP my offers for the car if I need to to own it.

I see from your last post tho ..you're not getting involved in this one. I shouldn't and pobably wont .. but this is a rare bird and i'd like to see it back on the road again as it looked long ago

Even if i have to twist my OWN arm to get it :)

I can't. Unless it was an absolute drop dead gotta have car and there are so few of those I'm out of the market.

I went to the Facebook group as listed here - but the group is closed - so I’m not sure how to get this guys contact information.

Will someone PLEASE ( <-- shouting) tell me a fair price for this car?
Thank you.

i gave one too boss . .but it only may apply to me and polara71 as we kinda see this one similarly as to price

id go $6500 (of course i take it for less if I could) and not a nickel more than $8500 if it was parked in my next door neighbors driveway.

with a sample size of about 10 of us here weighing in with THEIR fair price guess, i'd calculate a range around a point estimate for fair value with a confidence level of ~70%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back