For Sale 1970 Dodge Polara Convertible for sale (blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. Very early build -- note the Fratzog bumper and the VIN, listed as DL270D107044 (suggesting a build date in the second or third week of August, 1969). Yes, I know: the dealer listing the car skipped the engine letter: DL27?0D107044

There is another catch: it's located in Melbourne, Australia.

This one is new to me. I wonder if the same is true for Dave and all the 1970 Polara lovers out there? @polara71, have you seen or heard of this car before? As well, it'd be great if some of our friends from Down Under (@crv or @Profmopar , would you be so kind?) could reach out to the dealer to get more info, including car history and photos of the engine bay and fender tag!

Dealer's website and online ad show that the seat ares in good shape, but the carpet not so much. There has been some modding of the steering wheel, dash (what is the red button?), and radio+rear speaker:

$_20.JPG

$_20-1.JPG

$_20-7.JPG

$_20-5.JPG

$_20-3.JPG

$_20-2.JPG

$_20-4.JPG

It seems that the car previously lived in Adelaide, OZ -- found a pic of what seems to be the same car on CarDomain that was published on July 30, 2008 under the screen name Motorradd; however, the CarDomain photo shows the 330 area code and phone number of AutoMotion Car Sales, a used car dealer in Ohio. @LeBaron1973 , didn't you used to live in Adelaide -- do you know the car?

31272190002_large-1.jpg

196411_medium.jpg

Last edited:
You dug this up? She was for sale a long time. A N code went to New Zealand 15 plus years ago too. So there is at least two down there

You dug this up?

No need to. When I first saw the OZ ad yesterday, I did not have to look for the Ohio pic -- I already had it from a while back. I have a reasonably good memory of what I saw and where I saw it. After all, there are not too many 1970 Polara 'verts on CarDomain.

She was for sale a long time. A N code went to New Zealand 15 plus years ago too. So there is at least two down there

OK, I'll bite. You apparently know the OZ car from back in 2007 or so, but I did not see it listed in your Yahoo group spreadsheet (dated 2008). If you have time, care to share some more? Of course, a pic of the fender tag would also be great.

Hope it finds a good home down under.

Fred, did you know about the car, too?

While we are at it, how about the B7 one in Michigan (first seen in 2011 on the DryDock)?

Fred, did you know about the car, too?

While we are at it, how about the B7 one in Michigan (first seen in 2011 on the DryDock)?
It looks familar but I can't verify knowing about this one. I'm not active in tracking like Dave and others here. There's also the issue of my not remembering what I've seen last week never mind years ago. :rolleyes:

A N code went to New Zealand 15 plus years ago too. So there is at least two down there

Dave, the N-code would be 177316 -- right? It seems that 113633 also went to NZ (at least, it was there as of 2015). So, with this one (107044) in OZ, that'd be three in Oceania?

Dave, the N-code would be 177316 -- right? It seems that 113633 also went to NZ (at least, it was there as of 2015). So, with this one (107044) in OZ, that'd be three in Oceania?

113633 went to OZ ? John, Did you sell your convertible?

113633 went to OZ ? John, Did you sell your convertible?

Hmmm, something is not quite right. I don't have the VIN for John's car, but from Dave's post it looks like I may have "merged" the identities of 2 cars into 1. If so, then apologies for any heart attacks I may have caused.

(i) AFAIK, @JPMODL 's Polaraco is still stateside. Indeed, Wyatt posted a couple photos in April of this year. Insofar as John's car has buckets and cornering lights, furthermore, then it really can't be the NZ car to which the 2015 auction refers as that car has a bench and no lights -- see the NZ photos:

241967514.jpg
241967516.jpeg

(ii) There is another red Polaraco, originally owned by Kevin Walsh and later by Richard Schettkoe (2002 HotRod Magazine story here), which might also have been the red car that moved to NZ. However, that car as of 2002 did not have a SuperLite (unlike the NZ car) and the HotRod article lists bucket seats as OEM equipment (which the NZ car does not have).

(iii) Assuming HotRod is right, then does it mean that there is a third red Polaraco floating around that ended up in NZ?

So, back to you Dave. Can you shed some light?

Last edited:
The red seat inserts indicates that is the N code car that went over 15 years ago.

Are you the customs officer for all international automobile shipping in Germany?
How do you know that?

Nope .... you're good

Thank you! BTW, do you know what happened to the third red Polaraco I mentioned (the one featured in HotRod magazine)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back