1970 Dodge Polara CVs for sale in Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know what the actual source that these statistics came from?

thank you Fred......i'll save those stats in a word doc later.

Bob: stop carrying on and buy one already! I know of a real nice B3 one on Ohio for $8000, or that 383-4 car in NJ for a bit less. or that red one i posted pics of if you really want to break the piggy bank open. ALL WORHT THE $$ in my opinion and at least 2 of them in better overall cond than mine. if you want one to restore i can point you to at least 4-5 more.

Where's Dave when ya need him to chime in?

Yes but they dont grow on trees, none of these cars are getting restored for investment, haven't we talked about this?

Really? I do mean really? How many do you know are going to sink 3x times the money into these cars and not think they can put it up for auction to get it back once they realize all the money they spent. You know that HOLY CRAP moment. I bet it crosses the mind of not all but most. Besides, with low build numbers, and the way some people think of cars now that would be the way many think. Look at our Fury GT guy who is a dreamer but not the only one who sees imaginary dollars where sane people wouldn't tred.

I was talking more about us guys and girls on this site restoring our cars and knowing full well we are not going to be paid back if we decide to sell, except Nick, of course, who has $1.98 into his car.

I agree with detmatt, it's for the love not the money. I would love to be able to sink 30 grand into my 300, not for the investment, but so I wouldn't have to do it myself. My car is not a chicken, no dang "rotisserie" for me! I'm putting it back together one rusty bolt at a time so I can eventually drive it with the top down. These two Polaras need someone who wants them, not flip 'em and I think that's the best scenario for their rescue.

I was talking more about us guys and girls on this site restoring our cars and knowing full well we are not going to be paid back if we decide to sell, except Nick, of course, who has $1.98 into his car.
:sSig_thanks:

I've been on a spending spree since I payed for the Transmission in my truck, I have $597.86 into the car at this point in time (supplies and parts)

Nick

I agree with detmatt, it's for the love not the money. I'm putting it back together one rusty bolt at a time so I can eventually drive it with the top down. These two Polaras need someone who wants them, not flip 'em and I think that's the best scenario for their rescue.

there ya go.........a man after my own heart. Last evening my drive was the first in a conv since the chrysler show last year when my burg car was sold and awaiting pickup, and it was well worth the wait. Someone could buy those 2 polaras and gut the worst one to put the second one together. Not that i'm a fan of that but not too many c parts repro'ed so sometimes we have no choice. He had them listed originally for $3500 for the pair, which is very reasonable IMO.

Hey, I just noticed something.........that 318 car, besides being the nicer of the two, is not only a very early car, vin 101336, but it's also a rare non-power brake car.........yet it was built with cornering lights. Special ordered, perhaps?

yes.......and so were power brakes, but over 600 of the 695 cars sold in the U.S. had them. the cornering lights number is on the other page under fred's post.

These would make one kool car!

yes, and one less vacuum line to leak on the 318! That reminds me, i need to check those on my car, that may explain the rough idle.

Dave, do you know about them?

Wake up before the ad and pics are gone.
Both are red, one 318, one 383 car

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/3894256898.html

looks like a lot of them are on the market

Interesting what goes on when left in unchecked condition......

One of these cars Mark and I knew about for well over a year, from a photo we had and a town we actually searched google earth until Marked pinpointed the car and its exact location. We never made it out there last summer, good thing too because Mark had checked GE again and it had been updated and the car was gone.

I had sent the seller an e-mail five weeks ago offering to purchase one car, he wants to keep them together. I dont see either, ever being on the road because of the cost of a restoration, hopefully, someone pulls the trigger.

The numbers Kevin gave us were from sales reports directly from Chrysler. He had spoken of two different reports, from two different departments, one from I believe July and another from August/September. If a car was unsold sitting on a dealer lot after that report was complete, it probably wasnt counted.

So when they say those numbers arent available, assume its B.S. They are available but it would take a lot of work to compile all the numbers, Kevin and Bill Watson were two great guys to have on a board, numbers guys in the know and were there. I was disappointed to see Kevin pushed off this board.

Hey, I just noticed something.........that 318 car, besides being the nicer of the two, is not only a very early car, vin 101336, but it's also a rare non-power brake car.........yet it was built with cornering lights. Special ordered, perhaps?

Mark, you really dont pay attention much do you?

Only because he has thin skin I suppose or perhaps very strong convictions .... he was right by the way.

Everyone has a right to an opinion or a conviction....

I have no problem standing by mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back