1970 Dodge Polara CVs for sale in Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely can understand the views, but the world has become so global the old black and white schemes don't work the least that were applied and believed in the old days, there's about everything gray now with endless stages from light gray to dark gray.

An old guy with these views would have to treat about 75 percent of the American population and even himself using a computer that harsh for not sticking to his views, everyone supports the Japanese these days no matter if you want to or not, even if buying a Chrysler full with foreign electronics.

On my way to McDonalds now btw supporting catering a little to the US. :)

Last edited:
You are again correct.. .....old world views WILL die off like the burgermeister Meisterburger

My father was on the wrong side in WW2 and went into a Russian POW camp with the rank of Gefreiter. He is one of the few to come out and only because of his Austrian background. The Germans that stayed behind starved to death. Even after that experience as a former soldier he would still speak with respect for the fighting ability of his Russian counterparts. He didn't speak as highly of the French and Italian military. As a kid he would tell me about sharing cigarettes with captured Russians and would laugh and point to the protruding bumps in his shin bone which were Russian mortor shrapenal. Dad never hated the Russians just did what he was trained to do. He always feared a 3rd WW with them. I guess the point of these ramblings is that a lot depends on the personal experience of the individual in shaping their POV.

My father was on the wrong side in WW2 and went into a Russian POW camp with the rank of Gefreiter. He is one of the few to come out and only because of his Austrian background. The Germans that stayed behind starved to death. Even after that experience as a former soldier he would still speak with respect for the fighting ability of his Russian counterparts. He didn't speak as highly of the French and Italian military. As a kid he would tell me about sharing cigarettes with captured Russians and would laugh and point to the protruding bumps in his shin bone which were Russian mortor shrapenal. Dad never hated the Russians just did what he was trained to do. He always feared a 3rd WW with them. I guess the point of these ramblings is that a lot depends on the personal experience of the individual in shaping their POV.

Just insert "my grandfather" and the rest pretty much fits to the tee, plus he could overcome pretty much all the brainwash that got poored all over him in his youth. Enough said as far as I'm concerned.

There are a lot of devices that we use on a daily basis that we have no choice but to by ones that were made elsewhere, other things we do have a choice.

I have enough respect for Bob to give him an unchallenged pass on this issue. He doesn't owe me any explanation for his decision to buy whatever he wants.

Having said that, Matt is right about the choice thing. I'm not aware of an American made challenger to the ianything & apple's only serious competitor is Samsung..... What's Motorola? I'm not sure but they're pretty much out anyway. Blackberry is circling the bowl but I'm not sure that's American either.

We're all "guilty" though and I will pay a little more attention, BUT, I shop at Home Depot almost every week & I shop at auto zone, etc. The American made stuff uses Chinese parts & the Chinese stuff uses American technology. It gets really blurry so I can easily follow the argument for jobs as well as the one for profits. I tend to go with profits although the profits from the purchase of my 2013 Dodge went to Italy???

Kevin is a guy that I got to know through this discussion board.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/1965-1978-Mopar-Cbody-Monaco-Polara/
He used to be a contractor for Chrysler back in the day and in the course of his duties accummulated a basement full of original production documents. On the Monaco/Polara board things used to be much more active and Kevin with a lot of pleading could be convinced to submerge into his basement to look up a few things. Over the years Dave and I were able to score some valuable data for our cars. I've lost track of the people we've drummed off this board with hazing but it sounds like Kevin might have been one. He usually shows up at Moparfest every year and I always stop for a chat.
Which day will you be attending this year Fred, I would love to meet you and maybe have you point Kevin out for me, I'd love to get a chance to talk to him.
Ahh yes, I remember that well. Even though I don't care for Bob's truck I thought Kevin was a little too harsh making me immediately want to have Bobs back on that one. Pretty sure I stayed out of it though, I think.
And no Bob, I don't want this to turn in to a conversation about your truck, I've owned a foreign car in the past too.

I believe that broke out in the process of my Fury's Build topic.......Something about Tailgates of pickups.

I'm not aware of an American made challenger to the ianything & apple's only serious competitor is Samsung..... What's Motorola? I'm not sure but they're pretty much out anyway. Blackberry is circling the bowl but I'm not sure that's American either.

We're all "guilty" though and I will pay a little more attention, BUT, I shop at Home Depot almost every week & I shop at auto zone, etc. The American made stuff uses Chinese parts & the Chinese stuff uses American technology. It gets really blurry so I can easily follow the argument for jobs as well as the one for profits. I tend to go with profits although the profits from the purchase of my 2013 Dodge went to Italy???

Excellent point Ross....for instance, GM had somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 plants in Mexico back around 2000 or so. I remember the story having a pic of a Mexican man holding up his $42 check (USD equivalent) for a 40 hour week, so the automakers are just as guilty as anyone in that respect. Many of the so-called american made cars have at least some parts content from other countries.....if ya don't believe that, go to a few dealerships and look @ the window stickers. Funny part is, I didn't see anyone lowering their prices to make up for the $$ they were saving on labor by having the car built elsewhere.

And for the sake of saving an argument I won't even go into the quality issues with some of the big 3, particularly between 1980 and the late 90's. Toyota and Honda didn't steal the market, it was handed to them.

I almost always try to buy american made but it's darn near impossible most of the time. Those to blame include our govt and the electorate. All we ever do when buying most things is prop up the Chinese economy.

"Funny part is, I didn't see anyone lowering their prices to make up for the $$ they were saving on labor by having the car built elsewhere"[/QUOTE]Yup, profit is king. That is what drives everything.

Which day will you be attending this year Fred, I would love to meet you and maybe have you point Kevin out for me, I'd love to get a chance to talk to him.
I plan to be there from Friday at the cruise night to Sunday with the Monaco. I'll be wearing one of Dave's shirts too! How about you and how will I recognize you? BTW I'm really good for walking past people in a daze LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back