1970 Dodge Polara CVs for sale in Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was Kevin?

You know why. ......... that simple procedure turned into an emergency room visit 4 day stay

And this Kevin???

Kevin is a guy that I got to know through this discussion board.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/1965-1978-Mopar-Cbody-Monaco-Polara/
He used to be a contractor for Chrysler back in the day and in the course of his duties accummulated a basement full of original production documents. On the Monaco/Polara board things used to be much more active and Kevin with a lot of pleading could be convinced to submerge into his basement to look up a few things. Over the years Dave and I were able to score some valuable data for our cars. I've lost track of the people we've drummed off this board with hazing but it sounds like Kevin might have been one. He usually shows up at Moparfest every year and I always stop for a chat.

I've lost track of the people we've drummed off this board with hazing but it sounds like Kevin might have been one.
I bet I'm partly to blame and I'm sorry. What did he do or say that heated things up?

The discussion went military, Bob posted a photo of his US army retired sticker on the back of his Jap built truck. That was the final straw I guess.
Kevin is an older fellow and ( I believe ) may have a problem with a military guy supporting the very same country that murdered thousands of American soldiers.. ..

I understood his view, makes sense, after all I had family that fought in the two WWs .

For once I don't think it was you or me Stan.. ..

Ahh yes, I remember that well. Even though I don't care for Bob's truck I thought Kevin was a little too harsh making me immediately want to have Bobs back on that one. Pretty sure I stayed out of it though, I think.
And no Bob, I don't want this to turn in to a conversation about your truck, I've owned a foreign car in the past too.

It's an odd subject. I think it's safe to say that for most people the country of origin for a vehicle isn't a huge issue. Just look at the success of VW in the 1960s when a lot of WWII vets were buying them despite Germany being the enemy not that long before. Then in the '70s there were still a lot of WWII vets who jumped on the Japanese car bandwagon, and now I suppose there might be some Korean vets running around in Hyundais. But I do understand it for those that take offense, and I hear there are still some Jewish folks who will not drive Fords because of Henry the original's views towards them.

I think it's hypocritical to be so pro military and I bleed red white and blue and make one of the biggest purchases of your life comes from a foreign Country and one that had bad history.. .. obviously Kevin had a stronger opinion than I. One so strong he walked away.

I don't like to see profits go overseas. I especially dislike the Korean manufacturers since they blatantly disregard patents & their cars are nothing short of pirated designs.

Last edited:
The discussion went military, Bob posted a photo of his US army retired sticker on the back of his Jap built truck. That was the final straw I guess.
Kevin is an older fellow and ( I believe ) may have a problem with a military guy supporting the very same country that murdered thousands of American soldiers.. ..

I understood his view, makes sense, after all I had family that fought in the two WWs .

For once I don't think it was you or me Stan.. ..

Dave you ******* hypocrite!!!!!!!!!

The very computer you own and use to write this hypocritical bullshit was made in Japan along with your cell phone, TV's and 90 percent of the stuff in your house!!!! So........YOU SUPPORT the same country that murdered thousands of American Soldiers!!!!! Actually......my truck was built by Americans here in the USA!!!!

WTF!!! You understand what???? Makes sense????? You bleed red white and blue???? You are not too old..........enlist!!!!!!!!!!

You don't know **** about the military! So STFU!!!!!

As far as the original argument was concerned it was just about the way of articulation, not the opinion, one rare occassion where even I made a comment, in general I'm not involved mostly as I'm a bystander in these issues. But you have to "bear the echo" as an old German saying goes and should be able to go on afterwards, just like has2be and Stormer showed. They have my respect if that's worth anything. Bob had the right for a harsh reaction right in the moment this issue came up IMHO.

Last edited:
Calm down a little now. It's been around 70 years now. You could fight Yankees vs. rebels with that argumentation as well.

Last edited:
Calm down a little now. It's been around 70 years now. You could fight Yankees vs. rebels with that argumentation as well.
Yeah, coming up on a century....but certainly one can understand the strong feelings some guys have, absolutely understand that.

That's right.. ....

And the point about Kevin being an older fellow. IF he is 70 he could have been close to a fallen soldier where it really hit home.. ..I respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back