1970 Fury I stripper!

I’m trying my best to not deviate from the factory build of this car. I hope 50 years from now when I’m long dead and gone the current owner can refer to the FSM for anything they need to know. Once you start customizing,restomoding and such, then it’s all you. You built the car. You figure out what is wrong when it doesn’t perform right.

Good. Do you believe that you can save the engine or have you already determined that you will need to replace it?
Unfortunately, that remains to be determined. I have my doubts but, also my hopes. It will not be discarded without the most heroic effort to save it. I can assure you of that.

Agreed Marty,its too cool of a car to not keep stock,if you ever get tired of this one after its resurrection, I want first dibs!

IMG_0054.jpg

The local sheriff department suggested that this is as close to the ground as they want to see these 40 year old Sears tires. They had better look the other way is all I can tell them.

View attachment 570290

The sheriff is correct. You don't want to risk it all for riding around on vintage rubber. Get some new sneaks and "save the Sears treads for shows" .... lol.

The sheriff is correct. You don't want to risk it all for riding around on vintage rubber. Get some new sneaks and "save the Sears treads for shows" .... lol.
I’ll will get new tires. But the first few test runs will be on these Sears! He’s gonna have to catch me first! Lol
I actually thought about taking a can of black spray paint with me when I went to get the car. I was going to paint the white walls after I put it on the trailer because I thought they looked hideous with the dog dish. But now they are starting to grow on me….

Last edited:
With help from guys on this forum I got the turn signal issue figured out!
Long story short, it was a grounding issue.. like the lack of a proper one!
I had called it right the first time with the corroded socket diagnosis but then second guessed myself to the point of panic!
Something I already knew was that poor grounds can create crazy loops that make the wrong lights glow as electricity searches for a path.
This can be particularly puzzling with taillights as they have dual filament bulbs in which one filament can be energized by more than one switch.
Last night I had my annual refresher course on the subject!

My old machine shop had closed up when I took this to them. Tomorrow I’m taking it to my new one. They said they will do their best to save it.
I’m loading a Chrysler engine into a Chevy truck with a Ford tractor. Sometimes the ol’ big three have to pull together folks.

969C750D-A680-4486-9733-9A82ED94AB62.jpeg

I took the stuff out of the trunk to clean it up, rust neutralize, and apply a coat or two of rustoleum semi gloss black.

D6AF42C0-BF3F-4008-9C9B-4D133D2FAD14.jpeg

The engine is at the machine shop. It is confirmed to be the original.
I’ve got my fingers crossed that it can be saved

37C15090-BBCE-4A9D-BCF5-D40A842155D4.jpeg

C651256D-E905-4841-9BF4-8A97E95E3CBC.jpeg

While waiting on the machine shop to pass judgment on the slant, I figured I’d do some body work. This long crease/dent in the lower quarter is challenging for an amateur like me. I have it worked out a lot but it still has a way to go. The rust hole wasn’t as bad. I cut out the bad and welded a patch in it. I lapped it in from inside so, it will require a small amount of filler to level it out. It’ll be good enough for the girls I go out with!

56FF852A-E577-4BC4-A8AF-D94D0A9170A2.jpeg

0BEFC3F2-6600-4390-BC7D-B8E3CC240267.jpeg

50DD842E-7E8C-4EA5-A62F-87886EF21830.jpeg

3E913CBB-35D4-42A7-BB91-F08FEEA45D05.jpeg

While waiting on the filler to set up on the body work, I installed the spare. I had to make a jack hold down as this one is missing. 1/4” flat bar should hold it. Also, a pic of the lug wrench I painted and forgot to put in there!

D03E8670-3CCB-400D-AE90-A1ECC3AC76B5.jpeg

EDA603A4-4C4C-4051-83E1-05ED6D919C3F.jpeg

9D9AE916-9528-4C73-AEED-20D478543C10.jpeg

Back