1970 Fury I stripper!

gotten to the point of where it may be easier to name the things that are legal in CA. would be great if started enforcing the law against selling fentanyl.
you'll get more time with a useless dead man knob on our steering wheel than murder.

For some reason I’ve always loved these fusie sedans. Probably from seeing them on TV as a kid.
The more stripped down, no nonsense the better. To me the hardtop cars look weak. Made for people who prefer looks over structural integrity. A 4-door sedan looks like it has work to do. Hard work. The hardtops are for folks who’s working days are over and they’re taking the grandkids to Disney.
The cops, fire chiefs, taxi drivers, FBI agents, guys who wear dark suits and never smile.. they drove sedans.
My previous C-body was a ‘72 Polara pictured here with my son changing a tire on the side of the road with a bumper jack. There’s a thread on it somewhere in this forum.
I’m not hating on hardtops, just saying what I like. That being said, I also had a 72 Olds Delta 88 4 door hardtop back in the day with a 455. Probably my favorite non-Mopar I’ve had.

BA8A631A-A883-4B6C-81BC-0086EC9E43DC.jpeg

75E82986-D601-4933-8E3A-6397137CCAE8.jpeg

204BE164-1213-43D5-A0D9-C5C033193339.jpeg

Some reading material came in the mail today. This thing is huge! 10”x12”! The print is big enough that I don’t need an electron microscope to read it. Good times!

01359134-9490-4777-ACC0-B7D9830FCFEC.jpeg

190AB1CD-D160-4FBB-996A-E5E790823F08.jpeg

20 year old me: 440 6 bbl S23!!
55 year old me: This. But do you have a cheaper transmission?
B5A52D93-A3DA-4BC6-967C-909E611C642A.jpeg

6CC9C0E0-0735-48DF-969D-268BE5B80928.jpeg

Your cat's name is Betty? So, Black Betty.......wait for it..... bam ba lam. Man I hope that's how she meows!

Your cat's name is Betty? So, Black Betty.......wait for it..... bam ba lam. Man I hope that's how she meows!
You got it! She never utters a sound. Not even a purr. She’ll “bump” me occasionally, but mostly just biting and scratching. Follows me everywhere, just watching ..and being a harbinger of bad luck and trouble.

Just got word from the machine shop. The second engine is good and machining starts next week!

B-e-a-utifull
I was getting a little,, aggravated, with the lack of communication I was getting from them frankly. I’ve been shopping for another machine shop. I think they are very capable, but we had some communication issues that were getting under my skin.
Hopefully, it will all work out going forward.

Okay a little less beautifull. Good communication is crucial for me, gives the whole more professional feel as opposed to the "a guy in a shed" vibe.

I tend to get that nagging feeling in those cases thinking "if you can't even get this right", you know?

But hopefully it'll work out for you!

Okay a little less beautifull. Good communication is crucial for me, gives the whole more professional feel as opposed to the "a guy in a shed" vibe.

I tend to get that nagging feeling in those cases thinking "if you can't even get this right", you know?

But hopefully it'll work out
I always think the worst when I’m left in the dark.
Seems like machine shops are always busy, behind schedule. I just wish they would give a realistic timeframe when you take something in.
On the original engine, he magnafluxed it on a Friday and it wasn’t until I call him the next Tuesday that he told me it was cracked. That kinda irked me. He was supposed to know something on this one last week and probably did. He said he meant to let me know sooner, but he did text me today.
I was planning on giving him two more weeks then just showing up and say I’m here to pick up my engine if I hadn’t heard from him by then.
I’m super easy to get along with but I can’t be reasoned with when dealing with someone who doesn’t hold up their end of a bargain.

Back