1970 Fury III "Pursuit"

Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
Having troubles with photos but doing this anyway....1970 Fury III "pursuit". This car I found in Hemmings approx. 15 years ago. The owner purchased the car from Washington state and rebuild the motor. The story was that it had mechanical problems early on and it was going to be restored by the WSP as a parade car. That never happened and it was sold years later. It was going to be his sons first car until he seen how wild it was. A video was made and sent to me with a close up of the odometer. I was dealing on it and lost it to anther person. It went back to Washington for sever owners. Years later I found it and contacted the owner who had a slight accident on the RF corner of the car. Rust free parts were obtained but he never restored it. A review of the odometer showed only 800 miles was put on the car. Persistance paid off and he sold it to me around the year 2000.
A capable body man had it media blasted. A few small rust spots were taken care of as well as alittle interior work. The car was restored to be a clean top unmarked. All equipment is fully functional. The emblems etc are applied to magnetic material for easy removal. The car does have the build sheet and was decoded by Galen. It also has documentation that shows it was sold to Washington State Patrol.
It is the ultimate sleeper car that I enjoy alot at car shows.

100_0221.jpg

100_0224.jpg

100_0223.jpg

100_0222.jpg

100_0225.jpg

Pete, how many cars do you have now? Does it have the A38 code on the fender tag?

It is a "t" code car but in the decode its F01 for Police Engine e85+f01+360 hp w/N42. The engine was rebuilt,painted and installed. What I was told is the only difference between this motor and the 375 hp was the camshaft. Many times the Officers would look for reasons to get the camshaft replaced. Someone looked at the motor specs in the receipts that I have and it has the Hotter Camshaft.

I cannot find the A38 designation on the fender tag. What WSP did then was to order a fancier car (Fury III) instead and get the individual police options added. This car I have with the '59 Imperial Custom Coupe,'78 NYB St Regis Coupe,'79 NY'r and '69 Grand Prix (8k miles). There is a '59 Imp Crown Coupe w/stainless roof that is rusted but complete that I might sell. For winter driving is a '94 Lesabre w/60k and summer is a '04 GTO in Barbados Blue (rarest color) w/MPD hood.

nice. Is it a genuine u-code car?

Carsten

Do you have a picture of the fender tag..........or is that another spring picture?

I have the sheet with the order and break down from the fender tag (from Galen) that then shows what each are. I don't have a photo now.

Do you have a picture of the fender tag..........or is that another spring picture?

Yeah we all wanna see that........ It is dressier than most patrol cars. I am surprised to see the wood trim on the dash pad

Back