For Sale 1970 Imperial Coupé - White buckets - NICE !!! eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has a 1961 model alternator, a flexible radiator hose and the underbody has been sprayed with thin undercoating to hide the scaly underside more than likely, being a Minnesota car. The headliner is probably black it appears, judging from the interior sail panels being black and it should be white if the bucket seats are white. Probably an ATC 1 car given the water valve in the engine compartment is not a stock one for the regular (non-ATC 1) system and the seller seems to be hiding the dash panel where the ATC 1 controls are located by turning the steering wheel to block the area, and of course no mention of anything about a/c in the listing (or heat for that matter since you get neither when the ATC 1 system doesn't work - and controllers for those models are not available - big problem), but you can always ask!. The instrument panels, electrical components in the dash and the interiors in the 1971 models were well worth waiting for IMO. I have never owned a 1970 model and never will. Stan has it right.

Last edited:
Does anyone else here look at their old iron C bodies as they might their human children?...maybe not all them are pristine doctors, lawyers, etc...maybe one kooky kid is a night manager at at a Subway... a little rough...you still love them though, right?
All my Imperials have certain blemishes and different issues...But, man I love them to death.

So are we saying this thing should be junked?
It's A nice looking car, good colors that begs to be driven. You want to trailer it to the De'elegance it's probably the wrong car

Does anyone else here look at their old iron C bodies as they might their human children?...maybe not all them are pristine doctors, lawyers, etc...maybe one kooky kid is a night manager at at a Subway... a little rough...you still love them though, right?
All my Imperials have certain blemishes and different issues...But, man I love them to death.
Agreed. Both the guys knocking this car have zero kids

Agreed. Both the guys knocking this car have zero kids

Not sure what this has to do with anything.

My only point was that I wouldn't pay much for this model and would rather wait for a nicer one that won't have all the problems that this one carries with it. If you love it, buy it. I once helped a guy with a low mileage triple black 70 model, and despite the low miles, everything, and I mean everything, was a problem with that car.

Some kids are a real pain, but if you love them, then you will do what it takes to make they as whole as possible. I have had 2 foster kids in my life, by the way, if that is critical to you. They had no parents left to care for them. But I sent them to school and did my best to make them successful. And I was chairman of a ministry to care for people who were on the street with no hope, both a womans and a mens house. That was tough, trust me. Be glad you have what you have and try not to judge others based on little information.

...and I agree with that. To a point. That point is reached for me when the seller is clearly flipping the car that he has bought in the last few months to 24 months. The seller then lists all the work done on the car which makes it clear he does absolutely nothing but write the check. The seller then proceeds into how rare this car is and blah, blah and blah as per the standard protocol. May even compare it to another car which this guy actually did.

So that being the case I think it is reasonable to be critical of his car. He has no emotion invested in this car and not even much of his personal time. He has money invested but so what. So I'll be critical about something not mentioned yet. The seller couldn't even invest some of his time in completely vacuuming the car. That to me is an easy thing to do compared to mechanical issues. Yet, when it comes down to making your car look the best, he couldn't vacuum the car. That speaks volumes to me.

That's a shitty analogy. If you think cars are children then you have a distorted view of inanimate objects. In fact, that's not even an analogy to start with.
I ignore people who shout their all consuming and totally irrational love over a a hunk of steel, a painting, a stamp, whatever, and I see them as very lonely people.
Children and cars... Jeezes. You can write a check and have a beautiful car.
If your kids were trapped in a burning Imperial, and the FD said one or the other...

That's a shitty analogy. If you think cars are children then you have a distorted view of inanimate objects. In fact, that's not even an analogy to start with.
I ignore people who shout their all consuming and totally irrational love over a a hunk of steel, a painting, a stamp, whatever, and I see them as very lonely people.
Children and cars... Jeezes. You can write a check and have a beautiful car.
If your kids were trapped in a burning Imperial, and the FD said one or the other...
Stan...I love and respect your intelligence and knowledge of C bodies...I'll take your heat and opinion of me...and leave it at that. ..and I agree i'm definitely distorted.:lol:

It's not every day these come up for sale, and in my eyes, this one is not half as bad as some of you guys see it. At least, it's a hell of a lot better than what I've seen for quite a while. Agreed, it's not a show car, and the interior (and several other areas) needs a lot of attention.. but it's not half bad either. The seller is clearly trying to make money, but that's how it is.

Did he do any good for the car.. well, probably not, but he didn't screw it up THAT bad either, despite the Cooper Cobras sucking BIG time. The failed attempt to create an "aggressive look" is painful, but at least it has been "cared for", and not run into the ground as so many of these has been.

The original paint probably looked like crap, as we see it on many Imps. If not, why should someone pay for the repaint.. My Minnesota Imp also had both paint, and undercoating "touched up".. but it's not rusted through anywhere, and from what I see in the pictures, I would be really surprised if this one is.

I'm NOT an expert in Imperials, so many of you probably see more flaws than I do, and / or have other different opinions in regard to when it's time to "interfere with degeneration", and start restoring.. but I still think that you are judging it to hard.

I'll proudly report for duty under the "distorted flag" too, as - "Only dead fish go with the flow".. and to be honest, I thrive with my irrational love for these cars, and it does not make me feel "alone" at all.. probably opposite, as my 5 yo daughter pretty much always appears in front of the garage, when she hears the sound of 440, wanting to join me on irrational cruises.. (while my 11 yo son, don't give a rats *** abt cars). Sigh !

It's going to be interesting to see where it lands... (the price on ebay.. I mean)

Not sure what this has to do with anything.

My only point was that I wouldn't pay much for this model and would rather wait for a nicer one that won't have all the problems that this one carries with it. If you love it, buy it. I once helped a guy with a low mileage triple black 70 model, and despite the low miles, everything, and I mean everything, was a problem with that car.

I think I know this car very well:)
I imported it to germany in 2004.
It took a lot of time and work to sort it all out

Carsten

I think I know this car very well:)
I imported it to germany in 2004.
It took a lot of time and work to sort it all out

Carsten

So does the blue 69.. Unfortunately, the electrical system is taking more time, than I expected, and have to spare.. but I think I found the cause of the missing PS side, sequential lights.. and what a complete drag it was, to disassemble the column..! I hope this will be the summer, to get ready for inspection, and tax!

At least, it's a hell of a lot better than what I've seen for quite a while.
Are we are talking about shiny new paint in selective online pics, a possible cover-up underneath and a suspect description? At best if someone is interested it merits a close personal inspection.

Are we are talking about shiny new paint in selective online pics, a possible cover-up underneath and a suspect description? At best if someone is interested it merits a close personal inspection.
I'm an hour and a half away if someone needs it inspected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back