For Sale 1970 Imperial Coupé - White buckets - NICE !!! eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why is the auction no longer available for vieweing as it usually is then? I don't usually get that statement when an auction ends successfully.

ebay updated their system a couple of days ago.
It is still there but you need to do an extra "click" on the upper left corner where it says written in blue "item is no longer available"

Hmmm... $11,5K and the reserve was met. I think that's a fair price for that car. Hope someone here bought it.

I've been busy as hell, and thus late with these additional pic's I got from seller, who BTW sounded like a nice and honest person, and sent the specific pictures I asked for. I know we had the trunk pan before, but these are higher res.. (for those who zoom) ;-)

Seller apologized for the many bugs on the front bumper, but he was pressed for time, which I have NO problem relating to..

I still believe this car is in EXCELLENT condition, and if sold at 11.500 the buyer has done a SUPER deal..!

25.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg

new v-roof with wrong pattern would have kept me far away

Partially understandable attitude for a guy who probably already has several fine looking, original Imperials, but as much as I HATE that wrong grain myself, I would never let that stop me if I didn't already have the blue beast. (But it's really really bad)

I agree with Xavier on these details.. pealing or incorrect undercoating, or wrong vinyl grain. It would never deter me from buying. Of course it's preferable with the correct and original V.Roof... perfect original paint, but these days.. finding one like that, is about as realistic, as my kid's obeying my every command, or for my wife to agree in my financial decisions.

Despite that, being forced to replace the roof vinyl, would be an excellent opportunity to install a lovely Paisley one.. :)

Paisley Roof.jpg

Last edited:
IMO....Just another overpriced car. Front seats need help, top looks to be bubbling and is cracked, also, there's a little bit of rust on the rear quarters....if you can see it easily on a brown car....who knows what might be there. 7-8 Grand would have been my limit but I'm pretty frugal! LOL!

IMO....Just another overpriced car. Front seats need help, top looks to be bubbling and is cracked, also, there's a little bit of rust on the rear quarters....if you can see it easily on a brown car....who knows what might be there. 7-8 Grand would have been my limit but I'm pretty frugal! LOL!

A car is worth, what someone is willing to pay for it.. Clearly, at least two people were willing to pay over 10k for it, and so would I, if I didn't have one already, I would happily have paid the 11-5.. and I believe, that if he had presented the car, just a LITTLE better, eg. by vacuuming it, cleaned of the bugs, polished up the (seemingly new) chrome.. and included the rest of the pictures, this car could have fetched even more.

The issues I pointed out are real and noticeable.... But I did start my post with...IMO it was my simply my opinion.

If I were an Imperial guy or even in the market, I would have considered this car. Great colors, good looking car. Pickings are slim, odds are another won't come around like this again for a hell of a long time.

If I were an Imperial guy or even in the market, I would have considered this car. Great colors, good looking car. Pickings are slim, odds are another won't come around like this again for a hell of a long time.
Plus it only has two doors.... I don't see a lot of Imperials that aren't four door cars.

The issues I pointed out are real and noticeable.... But I did start my post with...IMO it was my simply my opinion.

I respect your, and (almost) everyone else's opinions and comments.. and agree with you on several points, but not so much about the price. Of course, what I write reflects my own opinion which is based on the fact, that relatively few were made to begin with, and that you can even get a coupe today, in that condition for LESS the value, than what 6000 USD represented 50 years ago, amazes me. I paid abt the same for the blue 69' in similar condition, and I had expected that the price had gone up a little more, during the two? maybe, years since I purchased it.

Again, these beasts ARE getting more and more scarce, and the predominantly negative reception of this beauty, really surprised me.. as did learning, that expressing love for these huge beasts is "irrational", warrants some peoples pity, and will even get you ignored. I mean, why are we all here at FCBO, if not for love of these cars, and... isn't all love more or less the definition of irrational behavior to begin with?

The fact that it had been "tampered with" was of course less desirable, but it was done out of love and probably had become a "cosmetic necessity". Apart from that, the work done looked FINE to me, and for once, I even like the funky wheels, despite being famous over here, as the No.1 "original wheel cover fanatic, on full size cars" !

Another lovely Imperial, escaped my ownership, due to boring facts, such as economy, distance, storage space, common sense, "wifes advise" and so on.. so my final comment on this, will be "congratulations to the proud new owner"..

:thumbsup:

I respect your, and (almost) everyone else's opinions and comments.. and agree with you on several points, but not so much about the price. Of course, what I write reflects my own opinion which is based on the fact, that relatively few were made to begin with, and that you can even get a coupe today, in that condition for LESS the value, than what 6000 USD represented 50 years ago, amazes me. I paid abt the same for the blue 69' in similar condition, and I had expected that the price had gone up a little more, during the two? maybe, years since I purchased it.

Again, these beasts ARE getting more and more scarce, and the predominantly negative reception of this beauty, really surprised me.. as did learning, that expressing love for these huge beasts is "irrational", warrants some peoples pity, and will even get you ignored. I mean, why are we all here at FCBO, if not for love of these cars, and... isn't all love more or less the definition of irrational behavior to begin with?

The fact that it had been "tampered with" was of course less desirable, but it was done out of love and probably had become a "cosmetic necessity". Apart from that, the work done looked FINE to me, and for once, I even like the funky wheels, despite being famous over here, as the No.1 "original wheel cover fanatic, on full size cars" !

Another lovely Imperial, escaped my ownership, due to boring facts, such as economy, distance, storage space, common sense, "wifes advise" and so on.. so my final comment on this, will be "congratulations to the proud new owner"..

It really isn't worth thinking about. Some guys find (or imagine) any and every fault with any car. It's just the way it is.

Don't let it bother you.

I still really like the car.

....probably had become a "cosmetic necessity". Apart from that, the work done looked

we could open a can of worms with lots of various opinions on this point in a discussion:)

Another escaped my ownership, due to boring facts, such as economy, distance, storage space, common sense, "wifes advise" and so on..
economic reasons (=no money to buy) is the only valid reason.
Everything else is just an execuse

Carsten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back