For Sale 1970 Imperial Coupé - White buckets - NICE !!! eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a shitty analogy. If you think cars are children then you have a distorted view of inanimate objects. In fact, that's not even an analogy to start with.
I ignore people who shout their all consuming and totally irrational love over a a hunk of steel, a painting, a stamp, whatever, and I see them as very lonely people.
Children and cars... Jeezes. You can write a check and have a beautiful car.
If your kids were trapped in a burning Imperial, and the FD said one or the other...
Re-read what Doc originally typed - he didn't say we love our cars as much as our children. He said like our children, they have flaws - but we love them anyway. Much how I feel about you guys. :rofl:

Does anyone else here look at their old iron C bodies as they might their human children?...maybe not all them are pristine doctors, lawyers, etc...maybe one kooky kid is a night manager at at a Subway... a little rough...you still love them though, right?
All my Imperials have certain blemishes and different issues...But, man I love them to death.

And so how did he get chevy truck wheels on there? Are the Fusey Imps 5x5? I thought just the earlier ones were?

And so how did he get chevy truck wheels on there? Are the Fusey Imps 5x5? I thought just the earlier ones were?

They are 5 X 5. The fusies were still real Imperials, unlike the formals that were mostly nameplate changes as the company was headed headlong into bankruptcy by 1980.

Last edited:
Are we are talking about shiny new paint in selective online pics, a possible cover-up underneath and a suspect description? At best if someone is interested it merits a close personal inspection.

I understand what you are saying, and yes, it looks "Quick-sale-shiny" indeed, but it also:
  • Looks dent free -
  • Has white bucket seats - (my favorite year / style)
  • Has obviously been cared for to an extend, where re-chroming has been done, which by the way, is looking great - (AND would cost exactly 8341 USD to have done here - Just checked coz I wanted to do both bumpers and door handles my 69. This is an investment which would NEVER pay off in a "flipper situation"
  • Has been repainted, and according to the current seller, not by him.. so a natural assumption would be, that it was done out of (irrational) love for the car, and not for the money.

A close personal inspection would be preferred, always has/is/will be.. But that's a luxury foreigners often have to do without... (which in the long run MIGHT contribute to developing a keen eye, and sixth sense for serious rust, and other issues). I am NOT saying this car is perfect.. far from that, but it's still better than most I see, and I have a good feeling abt it. If those who criticize this car, like it's ready to push over a cliff, or compare them to plastic surgery freaks, has pristine show room Imperials stashed away in their barns, then good for you (and thank you for preserving them). But this LOVELY Imperial has the potential to be a super fine car for a person who might not know a lot about the cars, but loves it nonetheless, and has a dream of owning one!

You're wrong there mate, besides the fact that it has nothing to do with disliking a car...:wtf:

Simply responding to what Doc wrote about kids and cars.
Reread , Not sure where the confusion lies mate.

But that's ok, I won't insist on an apology

Email or call him. Contact info is in text of ad.

Go ahead, steal it out from under all the bidders, piss everyone off. lol

No need for an other Imperial. I bought just couple of weeks ago 1969, that was discussed a lot at this Forum ;) Just curious about 1970 price - that's all!

Simply responding to what Doc wrote about kids and cars.
Reread , Not sure where the confusion lies mate.

But that's ok, I won't insist on an apology
Agreed. Both the guys knocking this car have zero kids
That's the remark of yours I'm referring to, clear statement, no confusion.
Now YOU can apologize, won't hold my breath though.

IMHO, I think you guys are getting a little too serious here.... This is just another car on eBay that some like and some don't.

IMHO, I think you guys are getting a little too serious here.... This is just another car on eBay that some like and some don't.

NgYAEmx.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back